Thursday, January 12, 2006

...and exhale

So today I got the third bit of good news about the third of three things I was sweating out. When I am in stressed--which might be merely a blip in the heart rate for some people--mode, I tend to clam up and go inside my head and gnaw through the problem, and developing contingencies and all that.

Which I find exhausting, so it was good to get these three things out of my way.

Now, I'm going to suggest a book I just started (more on that in a later post) called The Collected What If. I'm in something of a historical frame of mind these last few weeks, but this will be my last as I retackle the Harry Potter ouvre immediately afterwards. In the latter case I alternate between the audiobooks and the paper books and since I am going to plow through all 6, I'll just let Jim Dale do the reading this one time. After that, I think I might give Georgette Heyer a chance. Poppy is always speaking glories of her, and after all the things I have influenced poor Poppy to do (Miss Speed Demon Rally Driver being the most recent), the least I could do is let her influence me. Fair, yes?

OK. More later (if blogspot isn't down)...

-J.

Posted by Joke at 2:41 PM

8 Comments

  • Blogger Sarah Louise posted at 2:55 PM, January 12, 2006  
    I love Jim Dale!!
  • Blogger jujube posted at 3:45 PM, January 12, 2006  
    you know, I now remember that we have a HP list don't we? I haven't looked at it in ages. Think about what we should do with it (or go over there and stir up discussion).
  • Blogger jujube posted at 4:01 PM, January 12, 2006  
    blogspot ate my first comment which was that glad everything worked out (whatever it was!)
  • Blogger Joke posted at 4:51 PM, January 12, 2006  
    Yes, yes, YES, Jujube.

    Mea maxima culpa.

    -J.
  • Blogger jujube posted at 9:51 AM, January 13, 2006  
    hey--I wasn't scolding. I have been lax too. but if you are starting the HP reread, then I thought the timing was good.

    verification: pftfj. it brings back memories of She Who Shall Not Be Named, IYKWIM
  • Blogger Joke posted at 11:27 AM, January 13, 2006  
    OK,

    Tua maxima culpa, too. Better? :-)

    -J.
  • Blogger jujube posted at 11:27 AM, January 13, 2006  
    much better!

    truthfully there was a lack of good conversation there without you around to help out...
  • Blogger Poppy Buxom posted at 5:02 PM, January 14, 2006  
    1. Why all the HP at the moment? Is it because of seeing the movie?

    2. Georgette Heyer is very girly. I mean, these things are romances. You have been warned. But email for specifical suggestionions, like.
  • Post a Comment

    « Home