Saturday, January 21, 2006

I feel like Kate Moss...

...doing more lines like this.

But, since y'all dug 'em, here's more:

"...profound brain things in my head" from Madagascar, and used to indicate that a suggestion is less well-reasoned than its proponent believes.

"My arm is tired, Maurice. Wave it for me." also from Madagascar and it's to be thrown around when someone asks for an unreasonable favor out of sheer sloth.

"Smile and wave, boys...smile and wave." ALSO from Madagascar and one I sling a lot when I'm going along with something stupid or I don't--inexplicably--wish to rock the boat.

"Let's go do some crimes."* from Repo Man, meaning that boredom abounds and something fun is called for.

"I don't fuckin' tip." Lifted from Reservoir Dogs and used to explain deep seated animus to something generally accepted. (But you have to say it to sound like Steve Buscemi)

"For too long you've been adrift in the sheltered harbor of my patience." Lilo & Stitch. Translation: "You're on my last, most frayed nerve."

"Come out to the coast, we'll have a few laughs." Stolen from Die Hard. (But you have to do it in a sarcastic, mock falsetto) and it means: "I did as you asked and look at the mess it's gotten me."

"Chicks...and guns...and fire trucks" Snatched from Bachelor Party and it signifies that one should go all out at the endeavor in question.

"I'm putting all this down in my memoirs, so if I grow up twisted and warped, the
world will know why." This one is from Brighton Beach Memoirs and it means that I predict dire results for something to which I am being subjected.

"We can do that. We don't even have to have a reason." Another Caddyshack gem, and it means "yeah, I don't have a problem with that."

"I've fallen for you like a blind roofer." Which is handed us from Hot Shots! and which I use when I am impressed and awed by something TFBIM has done.

"It's an .88 Magnum. It shoots through schools." This one is from Johnny Dangerously and I like to float it whenever I got something REALLY cool from Williams-Sonoma.

"Get used to disappointment." which I grabbed from The Princess Bride, and use to tell someone that I'm not doing that.

"I'm kidding. It's yet another in a long series of diversions in an attempt to avoid responsibility." Swiped from Real Genius and used to explain my hobbies.

"I've had the most absurd nightmare. I was poor and no one liked me." which comes to us from Trading Places and I use when something awful gets solved.

"Thank you, Doc... you ever serve time?" from Fletch and it's most appropriate when someone is doing you a favor you'd rather not have done.

-J.

* The correct response is "Yeah, let's go get sushi and not pay."

Posted by Joke at 5:44 AM

4 Comments

  • Blogger Badger posted at 2:19 PM, January 21, 2006  
    "Wow, you're really weird!" from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, used to inform one's pal that he is even more of a geek than oneself.

    Not that that's any sort of news, in this case, but it still applies.
  • Blogger BabelBabe posted at 3:38 PM, January 21, 2006  
    the kate moss line was the best though.

    i just posted a whole post of quotes we use at my house. we are SUCH dorks. glad to know we are in good company...
  • Blogger jujube posted at 9:31 AM, January 23, 2006  
    I just remembered another one that my immediate family always uses:

    "I'll be with you in a minute, Mr. Peabody" from _Bringing Up Baby_ (an entire family favorite)
  • Blogger Joke posted at 9:49 AM, January 23, 2006  
    My fave line from that film, for which I can't actually find an ideal moment to use, is: "Because I've gone GAY all of a sudden!" (when Cary Grant is asked why he is wearing a frilly robe).

    -J.
  • Post a Comment

    « Home