To know me is to love me. [REVISED] [AGAIN!]

I have decided to start my own damned meme. I think if one is to have any sort of street cred as an Exile In Blogville, one must issue a meme.

So here it is (mind you, this is a work in progress).

Movies You Need To See To Understand Me Better:

His Girl Friday
16 Candles
Kentucky Fried Movie
Trading Places
Chariots of Fire
The Right Stuff
Mr. Belvedere Goes To College
The Man Who Came To Dinner
Volunteers
The Cameraman
A Night At The Opera
Makin' The Grade
Airplane!
Zelig
Metropolitan
This Is Spinal Tap

Albums You Need To Listen To Understand Me Better

Blondie - Parallel Lines
Elvis Presley - I Was The One
Stray Cats - Built For Speed
Gilbert & Sullivan - The Mikado
Agent Orange - Living In Darkness
Dennis Miller - The Off White Album
Firesign Theatre - All Hail Marx and Lennon

TV Shows You Need to (Have) Watch(ed) To Understand Me Better

Firing Line
Cooking with Julia
It's Your Move (no-o-o-o-obody saw this one)
The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle
Monty Python's Flying Circus
Jeeves & Wooster
Moonlighting
The Bob Newhart Show
Newhart
Taxi
WKRP in Cincinnati
Barney Miller
NewsRadio
Beavis & Butt Head
South Park
Leave it to Beaver

Books You Need To Read To Understand Me Better

Westward, HA!
Code of the Woosters
Wealth of Nations
The Road to Serfdom
Speaking My Mind
Harry Potter 1-6
The Federalist
The Chronicles of Narnia 1-7
The White House Mess
No Way To Treat A First Lady
Balsamic Dreams
If You're Talking To Me, Your Career Must Be In Trouble
The Bible (the Douay-Rheims one...if I were Protestant I'd say KJV, but I am not, so I'm not)
Night of the Avenging Blowfish
The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy (and its sequels)
The Complete Sherlock Holmes

Games You Need To Play To Understand Me Better

6 Degrees of Kevin Bacon
Trivial Pursuit
Scrabble
5 Card Draw
Win, Lose or Draw

Musicals/Plays You Need To See To Understand Me Better

Forever Plaid
You Can't Take It With You (NOT the film)
Guys and Dolls
The Real Queen Of Hearts Ain't Even Pretty
Anything Goes
Kiss Me, Kate

The Importance of Being Earnest
Taming of The Shrew

Periodicals You Need To Read To Understand Me Better

Forza
Investor's Business Daily
Wall Street Journal
Italia!
Cook's Illustrated
National Review
Octane
AutoItalia
Old House Journal
Shop Etc. (I skip the women's apparel and makeup sections, thank-you-very-much)
Disney Magazine
Home Theater

Catalogs You Need To Get--not necessarily order from--To Understand Me Better

Frontgate
Pottery Barn
Griot's Garage
Brooks Brothers
LL Bean
Ben Silver
Charles Tyrwhitt
Crutchfield
Williams-Sonoma
Chef
Sur La Table
Restoration Hardware
Disney
Easton Press

Places You Need To Visit To Understand Me Better

Rome
Siena
Bologna
Milan
Madrid
Palm Beach
Boston
Chicago
Phoenix

Comestibles & Libations Of Which You Must Partake To Understand Me Better(Waves & TY to Badger)

Panini classico (prosciutto/tomato/arugula/EVOO/fresh mozzarella) from Bacio
Espresso ristretto
Bloody Mary
Knob Creek Bourbon
Jamie Oliver's Breakfast Sarnie ("streaky" bacon/tomato/cheddar/mustard)
Bucatini Amatriciana from Trattoria Sole
Chinois Salad from Chinois on Main
Tacos al Carbon from Yogurt 'n Mor (it is an authentically Mejican--with authentic Mejicans--place, despite the name, really!)
Sam Adams Light
Churrasco from La Fogata (w. the spicy chile/onion relish, s.v.p.)
Pizza (gorgonzola over balsamic onions, is my fave) from Pizzaria Blu
Crepes de Jambon Savoyarde from Au Petit Cafe (RIP)
Gyro from The Golden Greek (RIP!)
Fabada from my great aunt in Orviz, Spain
Kosher For Passover Coca-Cola

Comments

Badger said…
Well apparently I understand the HELL out of you. Though I'm a little behind in my musicals and travel.

Kentucky Fried Movie is a freakin' CLASSIC.

And I will happily steal your meme, but that probably went without saying.
Gina said…
It's Your Move with Jason Bateman, you mean? I was 12 or 13 then--OF COURSE I watched it! I loved him, but I always felt bad about how mean he was to everyone, especially the guy who liked his mom.
Joke said…
Gine,

Ding-ding-ding. And I hated the character who dated his mom and I hated when he got busted. Garrett Morris was sublime as the principal. The episode with Nina Blackwood rules.

Wish it was out on DVD, too.

-J.
Gina said…
I forgot about Garrett Morris! Was the guy who liked the mom named Norman?

Jason Bateman is great, and I was actually offended when I found out he was married. Because, you know, that means he can't be married to me.
Joke said…
The mom-boyfriend's name was "Norman Lamb."

-J.

P.S. And you forgot about "Eli."
P.P.S. Jason Bateman was HI-FREAKIN'-LARIOUS in Silver Spoons (otherwise an utterly forgettable show) and as the color man in Dodgeball
Sarah Louise said…
I had a friend in high school who claimed to have dated JB.

I can already see why we're friends, though: Anything Goes, Harry Potter, Moonlighting, Taxi, and that wonderful crazy show, "I'm living on the air in Cinncinati, Cinncinati, WKRP..."

Chariots of Fire is next up on "SL prepares cinematically for the Ollys" (although I'm pretty sure I did see it, I think at Plaza Miraflores in Teguc when I was 11?)

This meme rocks!
blackbird said…
gee.
this is quite the meme-thing.

am very impressed.
Sarah Louise said…
I thought of another category: radio shows.
Joke said…
BB,

I guess the nuns were right. If I only applied myself...

-J.

Popular Posts