Sunday, January 08, 2006

Way mo' MP3 fun.

I haven't done jack this Sunday. Came back home from Mass and fixed brunch for the assembled (at home, not Mass) and then I spent the day detailing the silly Italian bolide and DLing all kinds of MP3ness.

The nice thing about the better sort of MP3 player is that you can connect it to your sound system via the digital outputs, allowing your system's digital-to-analog converters (DACs) to decode the signal for a way mo' better sound.

But that's not the part that has me all happy. It's that via access to Billboard Hot100 carts going back 30+ years, I have been able to find the names of songs/artists which had eluded me until now and therefore I have been able to DL merrily.

Check this out:

Book of Love - Tubular Bells/Pretty Boys And Pretty Girls
Method of Destruction - Surfin' USA
MIA - California Dreamin'
Dead Milkmen - You'll Dance To Anything (Instant Club Hit)
Taffy - Midnight Radio
The Alarm - 68 Guns
Bananarama - I Heard A Rumour
Holly Cole - Trust In Me
Big Country - Fields of Fire
Anne Dudley - Jeeves & Wooster
The Bangles - If She Knew What She Wanted
Les Paul - Guitar Boogie
The Reverend Horton Heat - Johnny Quest
Commander Cody & His Lost Planet Airmen - Hot Rod Lincoln
The Cure - Friday I'm In Love
Danny Wilson - Mary's Prayer
Erasure - Chains of Love
Van Halen - You're No Good
Big Daddy - Ice, Ice Baby
FFH - Big Fish
The Hooters - All You Zombies
Josie Cotton - Gina
Linkin Park - Breakin' The Habit

-J.

Posted by Joke at 5:29 PM

7 Comments

  • Blogger blackbird posted at 8:26 PM, January 08, 2006  
    we didn't do jack today either.

    and three of us are still in our jammies.


    cashmere jammies...
    (not)
  • Blogger Badger posted at 9:15 PM, January 08, 2006  
    We are starting to duplicate one another to an alarming degree, MP3-wise.
  • Blogger Sarah Louise posted at 10:35 PM, January 08, 2006  
    I SLEPT THROUGH CHURCH!! Luckily, I got there in time to fellowship afterwards...so even though I did jack today: installed a shower curtain, watched part of GF#1, I slept through one of the most important parts!! It only made sense to then go to the local watering hole, the Sharp Edge, to continue to spend time with people (that live in my zip code) since I haven't done that all week. So now I smell (reek) of smoke. Yes, another pious Sunday in the life of SL.
  • Blogger Gina posted at 12:55 PM, January 09, 2006  
    What is this Josie Cotton "Gina" song you speak of? You mean there's a song about me other than that Blues Traveler one? Why was I not informed?
  • Blogger Joke posted at 2:43 PM, January 09, 2006  
    AFAICT, there are two versions of this Gina...one by the Stray Cats and another by Josie Cotton, one of which is a cover of the other (maybe both, not sure).

    Both of these start with "Well they say 'Gina don't you run with him.' "

    Now you know.

    -J.
  • Blogger Gina posted at 3:17 PM, January 09, 2006  
    I'm going to see if I can download both when I get home. I'm embarrassed at how excited I am, but I think it's a hold-over from when I was a kid and could never find stickers or a bike license plate with my name on it.
  • Blogger Joke posted at 5:30 PM, January 09, 2006  
    The basic point of both versions of this song (one from the male, the other from the female POV with subtle lyrical shifts to compensate) is: "Gina, don't date this guy."

    So, ya done been warned.

    -J.
  • Post a Comment

    « Home