You can't beat inevitability

It had to happen.

As many of you know --Badge, Poppy & Jujube are already painfully aware of this-- I have another more (well, "more" is a strong word) serious side of me. It involves my quest to spread the sartorial gospel that men ought dress as if fire and the wheel had, in fact, been invented (which I have been realiably informed is, indeed, the case) and not as cavepersons.

I have posted my ramblings thereon all over Usenet, evangelized, have actually written columns for well-respected online fora and, even, have another blog to that effect.

As it turns out, a (very small) piece by me ought appear in Angeleno and C[hicago]S[tyle?] magazines, on this very subject. I'm even getting PAID for this. So those of you who inhabit these locations, be on the lookout.

Yes, I do rule, why?

-J.

P.S. Poppy, please get an extra copy that I may autograph it to Binky Cushman.

Comments

jujube said…
Congratulations!
Joke said…
On being a published author or getting--read 'em and weep--FIFTY bucks?

-J.
Poppy Buxom said…
I'm going to get three copies. One to read, one to have autographed for you by the aforementioned Binky, and one to put under That Stud Muffin I Married's pillow, because it's worth it to find out whether there's anything in this whole sleep learning racket.
Sarah Louise said…
Cool! Hey, don't knock fifty bucks--you could go to 5 movies with that in most states!
jujube said…
both of course!!
Joke said…
Jujube, you're so-o-o-o petty.

Poppy, a lot of the REALLY cruel-but-funny stuff was excised amid comments like "we thought this was priceless but..."

SL, it's really $31 after taxes, which means I can take my family to a matinee. And we can split a Coke and maybe a small popcorn.

-J., the next Lucius Beebe
jujube said…
wait!!!! I was being sincere!

I sincerely congratulated you on being published.

and then when you asked if it was about the money or the publication, I said both b/c I don't see what's wrong with any cash inflow, especially if it results from something that's not my 'official' business.

so why am I being called 'so-o-o-o- petty'? :-(
Joke said…
Jujube, I was being a smartass, you silly girl.

Since when have I been serious?

-J.
jujube said…
yes, but you know that, despite my fearsome online person, I hate to hurt my friends['s] feelings, even inadvertently.

p.s. any word from your folks in the know as to the feasibility of any of the racing perks you dangled in front of me a few weeks ago? ;-) it's totally OK if they can't do anything at this stage.
Joke said…
I'll see them tomorrow, actually!

-J.
jujube said…
truly cool! thank you!

Popular Posts