Thursday, April 27, 2006

I suck at this meme...

OK.

All the cool kids have had seriously worrisome health issues with those whom they have offsprung. Blogger A's daughter's liver fell out, Blogger B has a son with kidneys protruding from his nostrils, Blogger C's twins have turned an unsightly plaid.

Hospital stays, "the machine that goes 'ping!'," sleepless nights filled with worst-case-scenario sweating, these have all been requirements for this meme.

Being bad at this, the best I could do is going to the pediatrician at 7:30am because NOS had a 103F/40C fever. The veredict: Strep throat.

So now, in the waning days (TFBIM still has a lot of end-of-month corporate stuff) of my SAHDness, I have to stand watch and administer antibiotics and assorted fever reducers.

Next time we play this, give me a heads-up so I might scare up a case of pleuresy or torpid liver or catarrh.

Blah.

-J.

Posted by Joke at 12:31 PM

8 Comments

  • Blogger blackbird posted at 1:08 PM, April 27, 2006  
    He's lucky to have you around, poor fellow...

    I just love saying catarrh.
  • Blogger MsCellania posted at 1:21 PM, April 27, 2006  
    Burn some sage!
    I've been rattling the rosary beads for the Bloggers' Brood who are not faring well. You will have to do the Act of Contrition part as I have forgotten some of the words.

    And I wouldn't wish Pleurisy on my 2nd least favorite enemy. I've had it, and it's like daggers in the ribs. I hope he's fought off whatever was after him.

    And I like saying Catarrh, too. And Portulaca.
  • Blogger Sarah Louise posted at 2:24 PM, April 27, 2006  
    There there, it will be alright anon.

    (I can't think of anything else...)
  • Blogger Joke posted at 2:39 PM, April 27, 2006  
    bb,

    He IS. Can you imagine an 8 y.o. walking to the pediatrician on his own AND with a fever? ;-)

    V.,

    King George III had pleuresy, and just look at him now.

    SL,

    Thanks. I just feel so...inadequate with this meme.

    -J.
  • Blogger Poppy Buxom posted at 8:58 PM, April 27, 2006  
    You feel inadequate? In the past year, we've had two upset stomachs and a cold, and the only person who ended up in the emergency room was me, following a particularly heavy output of obnoxious comments. I'm descending into a shame spiral ovah heah.
  • Blogger Joke posted at 10:19 PM, April 27, 2006  
    Yeah. but I don't think you were playing along.

    -J.
  • Blogger Carolyn posted at 12:33 AM, April 28, 2006  
    Poor guy, I hope he gets well soon.
  • Blogger BabelBabe posted at 7:30 PM, April 28, 2006  
    you make me laugh.

    i'd shoot for the black plague if i had my druthers - it'd be soooo interesting....

    can you swap your car services for some black-market amoxicillin? you really should benefit from your expertise.
  • Post a Comment

    « Home