Sunday, April 09, 2006

JokeFest (The aftermath)

Dear Internet,

I am WAY beat. If I were any more beat, I'd be a heterophobe in a coffeehouse in Greenwich Village in 1954, composing abysmal poetry that didn't rhyme and pondering goatee and sandal choices.

It goes w/o saying that JokeFest went over well.

Of course, my definition of "went over well" is that people at all the food, begged for recipes and asked for DNA that they may carry my clone in the uteri of the assembled. What I find interesting is that in every party I have gone to with great food, there is always SOMETHING that, for no discernible reason, fails to grip the palate of those in attendance.

The cocktails all went down swimmingly, as did a lot of the beer, wine and soda. The water bottles stayed pretty well untouched, because my pals are the sort of people who look askance at something so flavorless and devoid of mood-ameliorating compounds. The kids had sodas and a certain chubby son of a certain pal of TFBIM's guzzled his own weight in Sunkist. (He is simply crazy for all things orange and showed up arrayed in vivid orange.)

I should have taken pictures, I know. But I was busy cooking and drinking and hanging out.

The thing is that next year my actual birthday lands on Good Friday! Yikes.

The date for JokeFest '07 will need to be reconsidered, especially so that more pals from Blogville can show up.

-J.

Posted by Joke at 11:06 AM

11 Comments

  • Blogger Badger posted at 1:05 PM, April 09, 2006  
    So yesterday was your ACTUAL birthday? Happy Birthday! Consider the photo of me as a stoner chick my gift to you.
  • Blogger Poppy Buxom posted at 2:12 PM, April 09, 2006  
    Happy Birthday!

    I really didn't forget. I mean, I remembered before and after the actual day. I just forgot the day itself.

    I guess this means my memory is the equivalent of peripheral vision.
  • Blogger Sarah Louise posted at 4:56 PM, April 09, 2006  
    Happy Birthday, J!
  • Blogger blackbird posted at 7:14 PM, April 09, 2006  
    and so, I missed it?
    cause it's been a little, uh, complicated over heeyah...

    happiest of days dear Joke.
    we
    in
    Tuvalu
    salute
    you.
  • Blogger BabelBabe posted at 8:53 PM, April 09, 2006  
    if we were, you know, invited.

    Happy bday, Joke. a fellow Aries - that explains much.
  • Blogger MsCellania posted at 12:06 AM, April 10, 2006  
    Happy FortyTooth.

    Sounds like you had a particularly good celebration. Did you end up serving most of the menu? What went the fastest?
  • Blogger Gina posted at 8:38 AM, April 10, 2006  
    I'm glad you had a happy birthday. What do people who know Joke well give him for his birthday? I can't imagine you're easy to choose gifts for.
  • Blogger Lazy cow posted at 8:52 AM, April 10, 2006  
    Happy belated birthday! Glad you had a great time. It's my idea of hell to cook for many people (for *any* people on my birthday but hey, that's your thing.
  • Blogger Joke posted at 8:55 AM, April 10, 2006  
    People who know me REALLY well give me gift cards to Williams Sonoma.

    People who know me UNUSUALLY well, give me perfectly ridiculous things, usually with a ridiculously low-price tag still attached. (MWAH to Poppy)

    Yes, I am a PITA for whom to shop.

    -J.

    P.S. I'm already determining a date for JF07. My actual birthday lands on Good Friday '07, so that takes care of that weekend.
  • Blogger Poppy Buxom posted at 11:35 AM, April 10, 2006  
    If you change your mind, I'm ready to drop everything and fly to Miami to nail you to a cross. You need but ask.

    I can think of no better way to celebrate your Forty-tree birthday.
  • Blogger Joke posted at 11:45 AM, April 10, 2006  
    Poppy,

    Is this your way of telling me to get cracking on the addition to Casa de Joke? So I can have an Upper Room available?

    -J.
  • Post a Comment

    « Home