Thursday, April 06, 2006

Names and faces.

My beloved thinks I am terrible with names.

Which just isn't so.

What is (and shall remain just between us, m'kay?) the dirty little secret is that it's not that I can't remember the names of all her friends and friends' friends and friends' family.

It's that I don't want to.

I need the brain space to remember recipes, commercial jingles, old movie dialogue, obscure trivia, automotive factoids, home theatre specs and the like. I can't be wasting that on people whose personality cannot manage to, in my eyes anyway, rise above the mass of humanity out there.

I mean, really, economics is the science of allocating scarce resources, yes?

-J.

Posted by Joke at 11:01 AM

5 Comments

  • Blogger BabelBabe posted at 5:12 PM, April 06, 2006  
    I know exactly what you mean. And in addition, it just takes so damn much energy to remember things you do not care about in the least. I am too tired to care.
  • Blogger Joke posted at 5:22 PM, April 06, 2006  
    I think I should get extra credit just for not saying "Um, whatever" and walking away from them in mid conversation.

    I'm all about self-sacrifice.

    -J.
  • Blogger Poppy Buxom posted at 10:19 PM, April 06, 2006  
    OMG, I am so with you on this. I can never bother to remember people's names. Thank God for internet monikers; they're much more interesting.

    Even if the people aren't. :D
  • Blogger Joke posted at 3:55 AM, April 07, 2006  
    Poppy, you are the only person whom I think of by real name rather than Internet moniker*.

    Even Jujube I have a hard time calling by her real name since that wasn't how I "met" her.

    Weird, I know.

    -J.
  • Blogger blackbird posted at 6:50 PM, April 07, 2006  
    K is exactly the same way with this name business...and when I berate him
    (how could you NOT remember R and his wife?????!) he says:

    NOT ENOUGH RAM.
  • Post a Comment

    « Home