Friday, April 13, 2007

This is the important post of the day. UPDATE!!!

The unimportant one will follow.

(WTF is Blogger doing to the spacing????)

I am in dire need of any of the readers of this blog, who might find themselves conveniently situated in relation to a Pottery Barn store (or outlet) to please email me at ...

UPDATE!

After conferring with the lovely and gracious Ms. C., the realization dawned that scoring these would take calling on a store-by-store basis. Well, we struck paydirt. While the Master Computer has all of these sold out across the fruited plain, said computer isn't, y'know, accurate. So, stores that were showing "0" actually had, say, 2 large, 2 medium, 8 small, etc. The correct number were ordered and these will be shipped to our nearest PB store.

Y'see, here's the thing. For my birthday, TFBIM went to PB and bought me SIX of the pieces seen here. For reasons which have yet to be adequately explained, she got me all six in the medium size. (The leftmost one.)


So, sensing there was something amiss by the puzzled look upon my face, she made inquiries of me and I explained that given our general sort of layout as far as serving food went, six medium of these in the medium size was not practical. More practical would be, say, 2 large, 2 medium and 2-4 small. I then proceeded to explain likely scenarios and she saw the wisdom of my views.

Only that these pieces were discontinued and our nearest PB only had -- you guessed it -- the medium.


Venturing further afield because I had also been in receipt of a Williams-Sonoma gift card and the closest W-S was in a mall that also had the next-closest PB we sallied forth. But it was lunchtime. While I suggested that we stop at the PB and effect the exchange, TFBIM was adamant we lunch first. On the way to lunch, I popped in and ascertained that all three sizes were well represented and we proceeded lunchwards.


You see where this is going, right?


Um. Yeah.


So we're still short on the large and small department.


Therefore, I implore you, Gentle Reader, to be on the lookout for these at your nearest PB, should that be convenient to you. Not only will I pay for the cost plus shipping, but I promise you there will be a very gratifying surprise headed your way.



Thanks in advance,


-J.

Posted by Joke at 7:07 PM

12 Comments

  • Blogger MsCellania posted at 7:26 PM, April 13, 2007  
    There is one a mile away. I shall Poste Haste trotteth forth and see what I can find.
    BRB
  • Blogger Badger posted at 7:26 PM, April 13, 2007  
    Dude! I have a PB nearby. Probably won't be able to get there before Monday, though, so keep us updated and whatnot.
  • Blogger MsCellania posted at 8:04 PM, April 13, 2007  
    Um, mine only has the Medium too. They are checking their computer to see who has any left.
    Nobody, that's who!
    Another great idea, shot down in its youth...
  • Blogger Sarah O. posted at 9:46 PM, April 13, 2007  
    I needed a shopping mission for tomorrow. I will indeed check the local PB for you.
  • Blogger MsCellania posted at 10:28 PM, April 13, 2007  
    You know, I am going to our PB tomorrow and snap up any medium-sized ones they have left. They will make great end-of-year gifts for teachers, therapists, paras, etc. Bath & Body Works stuff inside, shrink wrap on outside (with lid affixed to the side w/tape) and chop sticks stuck in there somewhere, too - CUTE!
  • Blogger Sharon posted at 11:31 PM, April 13, 2007  
    Barton Creek Mall in Austin, TX has them. Several sizes. I saw them two days ago. Phone is 512-329-7040.
  • Blogger Badger posted at 9:37 AM, April 14, 2007  
    Well. Thank God THAT'S over.
  • Blogger teachergirl posted at 10:40 AM, April 14, 2007  
    I'm going out here on a limb. What in heaven's name are these things called?
  • Blogger Joke posted at 2:00 PM, April 14, 2007  
    "China Take Out Boxes"

    -J.
  • Blogger Sarah O. posted at 3:34 PM, April 14, 2007  
    Uh oh. Looks like Sharon beat me to the Take Out Box thing. I have, in my possession, one new large Take Out Box. Should I ship it to you or have you already taken care of the matter?
  • Blogger My float posted at 5:50 PM, April 15, 2007  
    Wow, I've never seen anything like that here. Are they ceramic? (And I must admit, I would have bought six of the same as well!)
  • Blogger Joke posted at 9:18 PM, April 15, 2007  
    MF,

    They are porcelain. The sheer whimsy of the thing has just bowled me over.

    -J.
  • Post a Comment

    « Home