You can't beat inevitability.

1- A reading: And thus it came to pass than in those days, Joke caught the bug which had sore afflicted his household. And Joke waxed hot, and medicines were of no avail. Joke's wife and sons showed the bare minimum concern required by law, but no more.

2- NOS actually managed to sit down, do his homework* and study and -- tada! -- he has been placed in the honor roll. With a ribbon and everything. Not bad for a kid who had to be, er, disciplined for his academic lassitude. Now all we have to do is figure out which universities have supermodels as professors.

3- Coughing jags are the ideal abdominal exercise.

As you were,

-J.

* The teacher who supervises the after-school study hour is none other than the core-of-the-sun-hot supermodel who teaches Spanish.

Comments

Stomper Girl said…
Heh. I had the flu this week too, and on the worst day when I was 10 shades of awful, Fixit took umbrage at me asking if he could get the boys dressed before he left. For his pre-work coffee with a mate.

Don't talk to me about bare-minimum sympathy.

Also have you seen the youtube "Man Flu" thing? Seeing as we're talking about sympathy expectations here.
Joke said…
1- Had I, under equivalent circumstances, taken umbrage, my beloved would have shot me.

2- After a morning when I sounded less like a stricken adult human and more like the Sea Lion Debating Society's Evolution vs. Creationism series, I have been finally left in peace.

3- Ovah heah, the minimum allowable sympathy -- what I inevitably get -- is registering concern for the afflicted, but not so much concern that you alleviate his circumstances.

-J.
Suse said…
Ech, feel better soon.
That holiday better be soon!
Caro said…
Get well soon. I think the worst part is that just about the time the sun goes down, the couging increases. Maybe your dr will be more forthcoming with the codeine cough syrup than mine. In case he/she isn't, you may want to try this.

1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 Tablespoon honey
1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 Tablespoon water
1 Tablespoon vinegar

Mix and take by the teaspoon. If you cough, take a teaspoon. If it doesn't work, keep taking teaspoons until it does. I took this in addition to Delsym. It worked one night but not the next, not sure why.

Popular Posts