Monday, May 05, 2008

The hits, they keep on coming.

Now.

It stands to reason that pretty much when I have to throw myself full-force at the workaday world of high finance that not only would I be landed with The Flu, but also that a "Very Big Deal" meeting with the bank (regarding one of our bigger projects) would be taking place tomorrow morning. (11am EDT, for those who time these sorts of things.)

For those among you who have a monotheistic bent, please keep this/me/us in your (fervent, ideally) prayers. You're also free to (i.e., pretty please) forward this shameless request along to those similarly disposed.

Those who are not inclined towards monotheism -- you're not getting off so easy -- please feel free to sacrifice rats, engage in pastoral dances, twirl crystally things while chanting or whatever it is you consider safe and effective. I'm not too proud.

Did I mention I feel awful?

-J.

Posted by Joke at 12:34 PM

6 Comments

  • Blogger Badger posted at 1:30 PM, May 05, 2008  
    Great. Now I have to go buy a goat. Next time, a little more notice would be swell.
  • Blogger blackbird posted at 2:26 PM, May 05, 2008  
    We dance around a special goblet over here. And we will. And it will have wine in it.
  • Blogger bluemountainsmary posted at 4:54 PM, May 05, 2008  
    I'll be sending positive thoughts your way.
  • Blogger Stomper Girl posted at 9:39 PM, May 05, 2008  
    I lit a candle for you. Not in church, and also partly to absorb the smell of boiling chicken bones for stock, but i thought of you and wished you better when I lit it. Cx
  • Blogger BabelBabe posted at 9:41 AM, May 07, 2008  
    the rat wouldnt stay still so we sacrificed a dooughnut. hope it helped.
  • Blogger Joke posted at 11:42 AM, May 07, 2008  
    At the very least, it helped the rat.

    -J.
  • Post a Comment

    « Home