Monday, June 16, 2008

I heard the news today, oh boy. (UPDATED)

My friend Aleda died earlier today. At the moment there's not much I can muster in terms of comments or words. All I can manage is to pray for the repose of her soul.

Sucks.

Miss her.

Over at TeacherGirl's she posted something and I wanted to lift one line of it
"How we shall laugh at the trouble of parting, when we meet again"
because, believe it or else, it helps.

Requiem aeternam dona ei, Domine, et lux perpetua luceat ei. Requiescat in pace. Amen.

-J.

Posted by Joke at 11:57 PM

8 Comments

  • Blogger Frogdancer posted at 1:40 AM, June 17, 2008  
    I'm so sorry for your loss.
  • Blogger alice posted at 3:11 AM, June 17, 2008  
    Please accept my condolences.
  • Blogger blackbird posted at 7:02 AM, June 17, 2008  
    My sympathies, Joke...
  • Blogger Badger posted at 11:08 AM, June 17, 2008  
    I still haven't processed this. I'm sort of refusing to believe it.
  • Blogger teachergirl posted at 3:43 PM, June 17, 2008  
    I'm so, so sorry.
  • Blogger bluemountainsmary posted at 5:17 PM, June 17, 2008  
    My condolences Joke from across the seas - I am so sorry for your loss.
  • Blogger MsCellania posted at 11:29 AM, June 18, 2008  
    Aw, this was sad to read. I'm sorry Joke. I hope you find solace with family, faith and friends.
  • Blogger meggie posted at 7:33 AM, June 20, 2008  
    R.I.P.
  • Post a Comment

    « Home