Saturday, July 19, 2008

See what I'm up against?

We've discussed the luggage issue a few times here. Besides the impossibly posh set I mentioned previously, the ideal solution would be to get the set that was available as an option when my least practical and oldest car was available as a new vehicle. It's ideal because this car has a smallish and irregular-ish shaped trunk* and this set was designed to take up every last micron of space, optimizing what is, frankly, an impractically small storage capacity.

The problem is that there are so very, very few of these and those who have them generally know what they have, which means the very few times they cross my radar they do so at prices that make my liver hæmorrhage freely. This is especially difficult for me as I am a pathological cheapskate.

To give you an idea what I mean, look. (Different car marque, but the idea is, sadly, too similar.)

Now, for fun, try to imagine TFBIM taking the news with equanimity.

-J.

* "Boot" to the rest of the Anglosphere

Posted by Joke at 9:39 AM

6 Comments

  • Blogger Caro posted at 3:32 PM, July 19, 2008  
    Nobody bid on them. Maybe he'll relist at the bargain price of two-thousand. LOL

    I'll bet you wish you knew how to sew your own luggage for those prices.
  • Blogger Joke posted at 4:59 PM, July 19, 2008  
    I'd only be seriously tempted if the price for "my" set was +/- $350 or so. 90% off or nothing; not only am I a cheapskate, but I'm hardcore about it.

    -J.
  • Blogger teachergirl posted at 5:55 PM, July 19, 2008  
    But they are so gorgeous. I can almost smell the leather from here...
  • Blogger MsCellania posted at 6:53 PM, July 19, 2008  
    Phtttt -
    Have a set made in China for 90% off.
    I am not kidding.
  • Blogger Joke posted at 6:56 PM, July 19, 2008  
    1- I'd need the dimensions of the pieces (which I have not, nor do I know where I'd find them); and

    2- I'd need to know where in China knockoff bespoke luggage is made.

    But, in concept, I agree.

    -J.
  • Blogger shula posted at 1:38 AM, July 25, 2008  
    Jesus H. Christ.

    Sorry, I just had to say that.
  • Post a Comment

    « Home