Tuesday, July 29, 2008

The Wilderness Years, Pt. 1


Mixwit


HUGE, colossal thanks to the lovely and gracious H&B, who shed light on this magnificent and glorious waste of time. Thanks to her, you may all be subjected to a sliver of some of the music which provided the background to My Wilderness Years (ca. 1979-ca. 1991).

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have hours to kill.

-J.

P.S. That last track is Berlin's "The Metro" which, for some reason, isn't showing up properly.


Posted by Joke at 12:07 PM

5 Comments

  • Blogger Major Bedhead posted at 10:30 PM, July 29, 2008  
    Fantastic. Off to play.
  • Blogger Badger posted at 10:50 AM, July 30, 2008  
    Fun Boy Three? The HELL?
  • Blogger Joke posted at 1:31 PM, July 30, 2008  
    Did I mention these were my wilderness years?

    -J.

    P.S. You should have seen the stuff I could have put in there, but didn't.
  • Blogger h+b posted at 11:41 PM, July 30, 2008  
    Oh, now I want the tape titled 'stuff I could have put in there, but didn't'.

    Get to it.

    Love the mix. Early INXS was sooo good, and there's quite a bit of warmth in my heart for Madness..
  • Blogger Joke posted at 10:57 PM, August 01, 2008  
    One I simply COULD.NOT.FIND was The Divinyls' Pleasure & Pain.

    I'm working on the next one.

    -J.
  • Post a Comment

    « Home