Sunday, August 10, 2008

When in doubt, a meme...

Thanks to the lovely and gracious Tere.

This is Me

Eye Color: Brown
Hair Color: VERY salt & pepper
--Dyed or Natural: Natural (Dye? MADNESS)
--Curly or Straight: Wavy leaning towards straight. The waviness is tamed via haircuttery.
Right- or Left-handed: Right
Tan or Pale: Pale-ish, but I can tan pretty well
Jeans or Khakis: As I age, khakis.
Country, Rap, or Rock: I rock out
Car: 1992 Alfa Romeo Spider
Place in order of preference--T.V., book, movie, music: Books, Music, Movies,
TV
Your heritage: Spanish & Italian via Cuber
Shoes you're wearing today: White leather Converse Jack Purcell lowtops. I LOVE THESE SHOES
Your weakness(es): Girls who wear eyeglasses and are searing conversationalists. Prosciutto.
Your perfect pizza: Thinnish crust, wood-fired
Favorite color: Midnight blue
Favorite place: The library
Goal you'd like to achieve: To get back to my wedding night weight and stay there.
Your most overused phrase(s): "You are confusing this with a negotiation."
Your thoughts first waking up: "Oh, bloody Hell."
Your best physical feature(s): Smile & shoulders
Your bedtime: 1-2 a.m.
Your most missed memory: Being in my 20s and not realizing what an idiot I was making out of myself
Pepsi or Coke: Kosher-For-Passover Coke (the rest of the world doesn't have to worry about whether real sugar is used in theirs, but here we do)
McDonald's or Burger King: BK
Single or group dates: Single
Adidas or Nike: Avia
Lipton Ice Tea or Nestea: Lipton, but not instant or powdered or canned.
Chocolate or vanilla: Chocolate
Cappuccino or coffee: Coffee (Espresso)

DO YOU:
Smoke: No
Cuss: Not around girls
Have a boyfriend/girlfriend: My wife won't let me have a girlfriend
Take a shower: Yes, but I put it back
Have a crush(es): Anne Hathaway
Think you've been in love: Yep. Still think that.
Want to get married: I checked that off my list epochs ago.
Believe in yourself: Uh. Yeah.
Believe in God: Yes
Believe in your government: I don’t believe in any governments, and those people who do scare me $#!+less. Even worse are those who place hope in governments.
Get motion sickness: No.
Think you're attractive: Mmmmmmmmmmmmmyeah.
Think you're a health freak: Not a freak
Get along with your parents: Mmmmmmmmmmmmmyeah…
Like thunderstorms: Only if I'm indoors already

IN THE PAST MONTH, HAVE YOU:
Drank alcohol: Yes
Gone on a date: With my wife
Gone to the mall: No (shudder)
Been on stage: No
Eaten an entire box of Oreos: EW.
Eaten sushi: I've made sushi
Been dumped: No. My wife would never dump me. (Now, shooting me...)
Gone skating: No
Gone skinny dipping: No
Stolen anything: No

HAVE YOU EVER:
Played a game that required removal of clothing: Yes
Been trashed or extremely intoxicated: Extremely? Nevah.
Been caught "doing something": Uh, no.
Been called a tease: No
Gotten beaten up: No.
Age you hope to be married: The age I was when I did.
Number of children you'd like: The 2 I've got is nice. I wouldn't necessarily a mind a 3rd.
Describe your dream wedding: Small, intimate, morning wedding. In an old, marble-festooned church. Kinda like the one I had.
What do you want to be when you grow up: Relaxed.

WHAT YOU LIKE IN THE OPPOSITE SEX:
Best eye color?: Whatev.
Best hair color?: Whatev.
Short or long hair: I like shortish hair.
Height: 5’0” or taller
Best first date location: A quiet, slightly foodie-ish restaurant
Best first kiss location: Golf course.

IN THE NUMBERS:
Number of people I could trust with my life: 2
Number of CD's: Extrapolating by my number of binders, 600
Number of piercings: Uh, none.
Number of tattoos: 1. We've been over this.
Number of times my name has appeared in the newspaper: 8
Number of scars on my body: 3

-J.

Posted by Joke at 8:29 AM

11 Comments

  • Blogger Badger posted at 10:47 AM, August 10, 2008  
    Golf course?
  • Blogger Joke posted at 12:02 PM, August 10, 2008  
    You had to be there.
  • Blogger teachergirl posted at 12:36 PM, August 10, 2008  
    Nice to know about the eyeglasses.
  • Blogger Frogdancer posted at 5:20 PM, August 10, 2008  
    Does your blue dot look like a freckle, or a third nipple????

    (And that kiss thing... you must be a man who seriously loves his golf...)
  • Blogger meggie posted at 6:14 PM, August 10, 2008  
    I had missed the tattoo story. I am so relieved you only have a dot.
    It made me cry, reading how it came about.
  • Blogger bluemountainsmary posted at 6:38 PM, August 10, 2008  
    Your responses to this meme were great.

    If only to read the tattoo story!
  • Blogger Joke posted at 9:33 PM, August 10, 2008  
    It is a vividly blue freckle, not a third and blue nipple.

    -J.
  • Blogger Stomper Girl posted at 8:04 AM, August 11, 2008  
    Hoo hoo hoo, I am falling off my chair with the tattoo story.

    (It DOES hurt! I've got the cat on my back to prove it. But it's been ten years since I got it, and lately..just lately.. I've been romancing some new ink.)

    Anne Hathaway? Why?
  • Blogger Poppy Buxom posted at 11:58 AM, August 11, 2008  
    She's Catholic and preppy. Or preppy and funny. Or Catholic and funny. Or something like that.
  • Blogger Joke posted at 1:00 PM, August 11, 2008  
    All of the above AND she reads Ayn Rand. (Ayn Rand was an abysmal writer, but I have a soft spot for girls who like her.)

    -J.
  • OpenID olivespearls posted at 8:47 PM, August 14, 2008  
    Small world--Olive also has a weakness for prosciutto.
  • Post a Comment

    « Home