Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I expect nobody to care.

My big speaking thing -- or, at least, what I had planned on saying -- has been upended by The Big News From Wall Street.

This sucks, because I had more or less jotted down 5 key points and was ready to extemporize mercilessly. Now I have to add more key points AND be ready for what to do if those key points change without any warning.

This is what I get for saying "yes."

Have I mentioned I am not getting paid a cent to do this?

-J.

Posted by Joke at 11:15 PM

6 Comments

  • Blogger kim at allconsuming posted at 1:56 AM, September 17, 2008  
    Idiot.
  • Blogger meggie posted at 1:58 AM, September 17, 2008  
    Commiserations.
  • Blogger bluemountainsmary posted at 3:20 AM, September 17, 2008  
    It IS pretty big news though.

    Although apparently AIG has been saved - so much for staring into the abyss...
  • Blogger Joke posted at 7:50 AM, September 17, 2008  
    K. - Ooh, you sounded just like Poppy just then.

    BMM - The thing is a panel discussion, where everyone gets up and speaks on a different aspect of The Current Mess and then we field questions from the assembled. My bit is "how we got into this mess" but as the mess grows and morphs, I have new things to add.

    Furthermore, I am far more comfortable speaking from very brief notes, as opposed to reading from text; this makes it difficult. I AM an idiot for doing this for free. (At least I have food and bed covered...)

    -J.
  • Blogger Poppy Buxom posted at 8:53 AM, September 17, 2008  
    Hmmmm. Joke, I thought exactly the same thing. I was under the impression that I was the only person who was allowed to come to your blog and call you an idiot.

    I see a short consultation with an intellectual property attorney is called for. Luckily for me, he'll do it for free. Because he's the idiot who married me.
  • Blogger kim at allconsuming posted at 7:00 AM, September 18, 2008  
    Poppster - it was purely the benefit of time zones that let me get in first.
  • Post a Comment

    « Home