Monday, September 01, 2008

Mixtape Monday #3


MixwitMixwit make a mixtapeMixwit mixtapes


Better late than never, yes?

Since I started MixTaping a lot of 80s stuff, many among the assembled herein have often reflected how one song or another provides a reminder of a romance-not-gone-well. So, in order to get this all out of the way in one swell foop, I bring you an assortment of songs that vividly remind me of being miserable over one girl or another.

Now you know.

-J.

Posted by Joke at 8:29 PM

5 Comments

  • Blogger Badger posted at 9:53 PM, September 01, 2008  
    This gives me a way, WAY greater glimpse into your romantic past than I ever hoped to have. And it'll take a hell of a lot of vodka to erase it from my mind. So, thanks for that.

    P.S. I'm sorry the Bangles' Version of "Hazy Shade of Winter" is ruined for you, because I freaking LOVE that one. And yes, I have it on my not-an-iPod as we speak.
  • Blogger Joke posted at 8:16 AM, September 02, 2008  
    It's the Bruce Willis, innit? (If one dates a fan of "Moonlighting" this is the sort of thing that could happen.)

    Mind you, these songs are not so much "significant" as just memory-triggers for me.

    -J.

    P.S. I almost put in "Groovy Kind of Love" in this, but the better angels of my nature prevailed.
  • Blogger h+b posted at 11:56 PM, September 07, 2008  
    Dude, your worst mix ever :p

    Although "She's so Unusual" is still an awesome album. Ms Lauper is one hep chick.

    thank God you omitted Phil Collins !
  • Blogger Sharon posted at 11:05 PM, September 08, 2008  
    I loved ABC. And Martin with his shiny suit.

    Does that make me a bad person?
  • Blogger Joke posted at 6:20 AM, September 09, 2008  
    I'd forgotten the shiny suit.

    -J.
  • Post a Comment

    « Home