Friday, October 03, 2008

I think I'll be a Post-Revisionist

Bette_2This is the new Bette* Davis stamp, issued by the US Post Office.

You will kindly note some things, courtesy of our current revisionist frenzy:

1- Her ever-present cigarette is absent, and

2-The non-fur coat also seems quite interesting, unless there is some scarlet mammal of which I was not previously aware.

3- Is it just me, or does she have that whole David Bowie-eyes thing going on?

It goes without saying I'm not a fan of this revisionism -- sure, we don't want to encourage all of those young children who are avid fans of Ms. Davis' ouvre to take up Mme. Nicotine, as they certainly would otherwise -- but I think this has given me a new purpose in life. I shall found and lead a new movement in arts and letters: Post-Revisionism.

Wait.

To be safe I will contact my attorneys, that such stellar intellectual property be fully protected.

OK.

This movement will be called Post-Revisionism®.

-J®.

* Rhymes with "jetty" not with "jet." Please get it together.


Posted by Joke at 11:01 AM

4 Comments

  • Blogger Poppy Buxom posted at 11:40 AM, October 03, 2008  
    Hey, her coat reminds me of my mink!
  • Blogger Joke posted at 12:13 PM, October 03, 2008  
    Let the record show, Your Honor, that the very lovely and quite gracious Poppy does, in fact, have a mink coat -- albeit not a luridly garnet one -- and the previous comment is to be taken literally, and not as some sort of bizarre euphemism.

    Carry on.

    -J.
  • Blogger MsCellania posted at 4:30 PM, October 03, 2008  
    They ought to park a green bean or something in her fingers - all they did was photoshop out the ciggie and left her in 'smokin' pose'.

    I do believe they used to dye minks -- or possibly ermine -- whatever color the wearer wanted.

    Now it would only be that color if antique or from paint being thrown on it via PETA or anyone from Boulder.
  • Blogger bluemountainsmary posted at 5:33 AM, October 04, 2008  
    I knew it rhymed with jetty.

    Because of that song

    Jetty Davis eyes
  • Post a Comment

    « Home