Monday, December 15, 2008

Better!

Having had a LONG trip, it is only natural that, upon my return, I ought succumb to the pestilence which had befallen the rest of my family.

There, now you're up to speed.

Blah.

-J.

P.S. From the "Stories We're Working On Dept.":

In the spirit of an examination of conscience, I'm trying to scratch out a post on all the biggish -- if I also include the smallish ones it'd take forever -- things I have done about which I am not especially pleased with/proud of myself. You ought not be even slightly surprised many of these involve young ladies.

Posted by Joke at 1:11 PM

8 Comments

  • Blogger MsCellania posted at 2:02 PM, December 15, 2008  
    Oh lordy; I smell a cotillion or two in the works.
    Us? We are still working on proper cutting skills at the dinner table.
    *sigh*
    Make that proper SITTING skills at the dinner table. Youngest has the ants in his pants.
    Merry Christmas, Joe, to you and yours!
  • Blogger Joke posted at 3:22 PM, December 15, 2008  
    For the record, those things about which I am not at all proud do not involve my being evil.

    Calculating, yes. Evil, no.

    The equivalent of counting cards at a blackjack table, if you will.

    More later.

    -J.
  • Blogger Badger posted at 10:02 PM, December 15, 2008  
    Wait, is this the penitent season? Did I miss an entire holiday?
  • Blogger Joke posted at 10:14 PM, December 15, 2008  
    This is the MINOR Penitent Season. If you want so real scandal, you may want to wait until Lent.

    -J.
  • Blogger Poppy Buxom posted at 12:59 AM, December 16, 2008  
    Good! That will give you time to come up with some, Mr. Wishes-He-Had-More-Of-A-Past.
  • Blogger Joke posted at 7:30 AM, December 16, 2008  
    My dissipation, alas, is appallingly monochromatic.

    -J.
  • Blogger Blue Mountains Mary posted at 3:20 PM, December 16, 2008  
    Are you sure you have not got a plague sign outside your door.

    Surely enough plagues have beset you this year.

    I do believe God is punishing you for past calculating behaviour.
  • Blogger Joke posted at 6:03 PM, December 16, 2008  
    So far, 2008 has been abysmal.

    Sure, there are a couple of weeks for it to redeem itself, but the odds hardly favor that.

    -J.
  • Post a Comment

    « Home