Thursday, March 26, 2009

A brief, temporary, break in the clouds.

Earlier today, the lovely and gracious BabBab texted me, gloating "I scored KFP* Coke."

I leapt into action.

Well, into my car, at any rate. Apparently KFP Coke had hit the streets -- at least the streets ovah heah -- today. I wasn't alone.

Getting to the supah market after braving horrible traffic, I sprinted into the soft drink aisle. The KFP section had been decimated, as if a pack of thirsty locusts (more than one of whom would likely be a Gentile, I'm certain) had been by. There were but THREE left.

So at least I have three 2L bottles. Cans or the small glass bottles would have been preferable, but beggahs can't be choosahs.

Therefore, for a brief, shining moment, life was good.

-J.

* Kosher For Passover, meaning it's not sweetened by the vile, subsidized, corn syrup and instead by protectionism-tariff pure cane sugar.

Posted by Joke at 7:24 PM

11 Comments

  • Blogger crafty posted at 9:51 PM, March 26, 2009  
    I am flabbergasted.

    Wow. I learned something new today.
  • Anonymous Anonymous posted at 10:37 PM, March 26, 2009  
    Kewl. I wonder if that's what they serve on the Mitzvah Tank---they're so hyper!
  • Blogger Badger posted at 7:57 AM, March 27, 2009  
    Dude. You do know that there are many, many sodas on the market these days that are sweetened with cane sugar ALL YEAR LONG, right? Or are you a Coke loyalist?
  • Anonymous Jen posted at 10:04 AM, March 27, 2009  
    Oh, great. A new soft drink for me to covet.
  • Blogger Joke posted at 10:18 AM, March 27, 2009  
    Yes and no. The other sodas are fine and perfectly quaffable, but they aren't Coke. That is, there are some times when ONLY Coke will scratch that itch.

    When it comes to colæ, I am an absolute Coke loyalist, though.

    But these others may be found with no trouble or ridiculous expense year-long. (A pint of Mejican Coke costs $2.50, while KFP Coke is only $1.79 for 2L.)

    So there.
  • Blogger MsCellania posted at 3:31 PM, March 27, 2009  
    I buy the glass bottled Mexican cokes. Such a tiny indulgence...If there were 2L bottles in the stuff, I would be slurping it down. You know, to save it from going flat. Oy.

    And you cannot believe how relieved I am to see You're back. I have respected that you didn't want comments, and just lit candles, sent good vibes and kept comments to myself. I've been through lots of downturns, but never as knuckle-gnawingly systemic as this one.
  • Blogger teachergirl posted at 6:47 PM, March 27, 2009  
    And I can buy this miracle drink in any local grocery store?
  • Blogger Joke posted at 12:22 AM, March 28, 2009  
    TECHNICALLY, yes. But in practical terms you really need to be in an area with a decently-size Jewish population.

    In case anyone wondered, it is a touch less sticky-sweet than the corn syrup stuff and the carbonation is finer and sharper.
  • Blogger teachergirl posted at 7:19 AM, March 29, 2009  
    Well that isn't a problem. So, off I go.
  • Blogger crafty posted at 2:46 AM, April 01, 2009  
    You know, I didn't mean my comment to sound patronising and sarcastic.

    I like the way you occasionally write about such trivial matters with such panache...

    And I was wondering too (not being into coke at all) but you answered in comment 8.
  • Blogger Joke posted at 9:47 AM, April 01, 2009  
    Was it?

    I took it as being reverent and admiring.

    (See? Hubris.)
  • Post a Comment

    « Home