Thursday, March 12, 2009

The light at the end of the tunnel.

Yes. There seems to be one. I think I see it from here.

[insert loud sounds of a well-dressed man knocking furiously on wood]

However,

1- The light is still pretty
a) dim
b) far
2- The tunnel is
a) VERY long
b) VERY dark
c) Riddled with spikes, pitfalls, quicksand, booby traps, and that big ol' Indiana Jones boulder.

That all being said, many of you have been spectacular throughout this mess. (More on that anon.) You will all be awarded the Joke Medal of Hono(u)r just as soon as I can design it.

As you were.

-J.

Posted by Joke at 5:23 PM

11 Comments

  • Anonymous Frogdancer posted at 9:36 PM, March 12, 2009  
    They say hard times build character.
    You must be oozing character (or something) from every pore...
  • Blogger Joke posted at 11:30 PM, March 12, 2009  
    I need to stand in a washtub to contain all the character emerging from my every pore.
  • Blogger Blue Mountains Mary posted at 6:12 AM, March 13, 2009  
    I do appreciate your gracious acknowledgement of your Australian audience.
  • Blogger Joke posted at 11:48 AM, March 13, 2009  
    The whole Commonwealth, really.

    I'm inclusive like that.

    -J.
  • Blogger Poppy Buxom posted at 8:45 PM, March 13, 2009  
    MWAH!!

    I'm so glad that--at some distant date--not too far off, I hope, knock on wood--I can get off my knees. Because they're getting calloused.

    Also, I'll be billing you for the Botox injections--the consequence of remaining scrunchy-faced for so long.
  • Blogger Caro posted at 6:25 PM, March 15, 2009  
    I'm glad to hear your news is improving. Will be even gladder when you get through that scary tunnel. :-)
  • Blogger meggie posted at 2:13 AM, March 18, 2009  
    As we say down here, Keep your pecker up!
  • Blogger BreadBox posted at 9:46 PM, March 18, 2009  
    This light? At the end of the tunnel? Two things I hope it's not.
    The second is a mirror.

    N.
  • Blogger Joke posted at 10:24 AM, March 19, 2009  
    ...the other, a freight train.
  • Blogger BreadBox posted at 10:08 PM, March 20, 2009  
    Is the light any nearer?
  • Blogger Joke posted at 5:16 AM, March 21, 2009  
    Technically? Yes.
  • Post a Comment

    « Home