Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A microscopic rant.

You know what I hate about blogging?

Running out of steam mid-post.

My Draft pile is littered -- festooned, even -- with half-written entries. I'd say a good 40% of my bloggy efforts have prematurely gone to that elephant graveyard, and most of those because midway through whatever I was writing the realization dawned I had nowhere to go. I may have had a valid point, but had no satisfactory way of putting it.

So it's shelved.

That's just happend to me. Yes! Just now! I won't spoil it by revealing the details, as there may be a solution to the half-bakedness in the morning or after a generous soaking of my synapses in espresso. The point remains it's frustrating.

You start off at a breakneck pace, afire with the very clevah idea that prompted you to immediate bloggery, and then you start groping for words. Then you move a sentence or two. Finally you realize: "Aw, @#$%. That's all I had."

Aw, @#$%. That's all I have.

-J.

Posted by Joke at 9:25 AM

7 Comments

  • Blogger blackbird posted at 8:20 PM, April 21, 2009  
    Better than nothing though.
  • Blogger shula posted at 1:19 AM, April 22, 2009  
    What? There's always supposed to be a point?

    No one told me, dude.
  • Blogger Poppy Buxom posted at 8:28 AM, April 22, 2009  
    I never let that sort of thing bother me.Well, obviously.
  • Blogger Joke posted at 9:27 AM, April 22, 2009  
    Not so much a point as "a beginning, middle and end."

    It's very disheartening to get off the starting line at a zillion miles (or, if you'd rather, km.) per hour only to reach paragraph three saying "What the @#$% am I talking about?"
  • Blogger MsCellania posted at 2:18 PM, April 22, 2009  
    The entire blogosphere is full of drivel. I can't imagine why you'd let your personal meanderings (the very word has ME in it) be something to worry about.
  • Blogger Joke posted at 2:24 PM, April 22, 2009  
    The meandering part I'm fine with, it's the meandering to get to teh middle of nowehre nd not having any idea how to get out.

    For illustration, I offer the following sentence:

    It drives me crazy when I start a sentence and then
  • Blogger meggie posted at 3:13 AM, April 23, 2009  
    It is not just when writing, this occurs...
  • Post a Comment

    « Home