Monday, May 04, 2009

Updateness

1- Latest is up at Vinapedia. Please click and keep me in free wine.

2- There are THREE separate I-don't-want-to-jinx-it news. Please pray to God, Allah, The Universe, Zeus, Odin, sacrifice rats to Baal, etc. My gratitude will be permanent and manifest.

3- NOS wound up getting sick on the weekend just as we had switched insurance companies. It was a very simple viral infection but we have to keep on it, as he can develop a pretty scary flavor of asthma. Still it's a simple thing with a simple Rx.

So, naturally, it took 10 hours to get it all straightened up. TFBIM was in a perfectly foul mood. If we ever have a third child, you can rest assured it will not be within 9 months. To calm herself, I believe she went around the neighborhood strangulating vermin.

That is all.

-J.

Posted by Joke at 9:45 AM

10 Comments

  • Anonymous Jen posted at 12:54 PM, May 04, 2009  
    Fingers and toes crossed for the three separate, tentative, don't breathe to hard possiblilities while praying for a speedy recovery for NOS. No small gymnastic achievement, I assure you.
  • Blogger Badger posted at 2:56 PM, May 04, 2009  
    Having run out of farm animals and assorted vermin, I have sacrificed my washing machine to the cause. Expect a large package of dirty laundry in the mail ANY DAY NOW. HTH. HAND.
  • Blogger Alby Mangroves posted at 8:18 PM, May 05, 2009  
    Just for you, I stuffed a sock into the hole where the mouse has been getting into the bathroom cabinets to eat my soap. Hopefully it has died in there, and the sacrifice will count towards your prayer quota. Oh wait... I probably don't want a mouse rotting in the cabinet? Hmm.
  • Blogger shula posted at 1:00 AM, May 06, 2009  
    for my part, I shall pray that you will stop not getting any soon...
  • Blogger shula posted at 1:01 AM, May 06, 2009  
    ps. plenty of vermin here, should she run out. The mice in my kitchen (who were here when i moved in) appear to be getting more plentiful.
  • Blogger meggie posted at 6:14 PM, May 06, 2009  
    Just remember, there is never just one mouse...
  • Blogger BreadBox posted at 10:54 PM, May 06, 2009  
    For my part, I shall hope that you start getting some again sometime soon.
    And I'll keep eyes, legs and t's crossed for the non-jinxing...

    N.
  • Blogger kim at allconsuming posted at 9:34 AM, May 07, 2009  
    I love it when you throw the chance of you guys having #3 into the ring. Love it.
  • Blogger kim at allconsuming posted at 9:35 AM, May 07, 2009  
    OH, and maybe the missus could come over here and visit Queensland - where people in nursing homes get nibbled on by vermin in the night.

    I know you know I'm not kidding.
  • Blogger Joke posted at 9:48 AM, May 07, 2009  
    We're not exactly leading a rigorously monastic life ovah heah.
  • Post a Comment

    « Home