Thursday, December 24, 2009

Fridge-cleaning, part 2.

I've noted with some delight that several of you have posted entries along these lines. Excellent. World domination cannot be far away.

1- Turns out my 5th Blog-O-Versary was last week. Ooops.

2- As we speak, I am doing this. It's kind of a PITA to have two big nights during the Christmas season, but I am stamina personified. I have always liked to believe that, if needed, I could have jogged the entire Bataan Death March.

Actually, the way it works is that (and we're going by Iberic tradition ovah heah) we gather at my parents' -- more on that in a later post -- do the entire Iberic thing with people whom I have been assured are related to me by ties of blood. The Christmas Day we schlep up to my BiL's and do something brunchy, then schlep back down to my sister's and do something dinner-y (again with people whom I have been assured are related to me by ties of blood) and engage in The Public Opening of Gifts, another tradition. (More on that anon.) Then, at long last Boxing Day, whereby we host a brunch whereby we invite people we like and rarely see.

3- If 2008 sucked, 2009 was a nightmare. Easily the worst year of my professional life, by several orders of magnitude. Goodbye and good riddance. More on what is expected in 2010.

But this is Christmas, and professional disappointments and family vexations aside, I remember (and remind) what the real purpose and meaning of this season is.


4- Thanks to all of you who have stuck it out with me even through the rather, er, uneven bloggy output. MWAH.

XXXHoHoHo,

-J.


Posted by Joke at 6:48 AM

7 Comments

  • Blogger Poppy Buxom posted at 10:48 AM, December 24, 2009  
    1. Oooh! Pretty!

    2. So you declutter the excess toys AND clean out the refrigerator? I'm going into a shame spiral ovah heah. I haven't decluttered toys in a major way in years. As for cleaning my refrigerator? I am sore afraid.

    3. Thank goodness no relations are involved until the 28th.

    4. Now dig this: both kids will be singing in both evening services tonight--which means all four of us at midnight mass for the first time. Woot!

    5. Merry Christmas to the ((((Jokes)))) and best wishes for a stellar New Year!!!!11!!!11!!
  • Blogger Badger posted at 12:24 PM, December 24, 2009  
    "I am stamina personified"? SUCH a flirt, you are.

    A very Merry Christmas to you, TFBYM, NOS and NTS! And here's hoping for a much MUCH better 2010 for alla youse.
  • Blogger Joke posted at 1:15 PM, December 24, 2009  
    Poppy:

    1- I feel pretty, oh-so-pretty
    2- I am both sore and afraid.
    3- I think we're too tired to have rel...oh...wait. You mean "extended family members." Ne'er mind.
    4- NOS has to do that tonight. (He's the only boy who knows the Sanctus.)
    5- Ditto the Buxoms! MWAH.

    Badger,

    I said stamina, not endurance.
    But I neither confirm nor deny any assertion made about me at this juncture.
  • Blogger blackbird posted at 1:37 PM, December 24, 2009  
    Merry and Happy, dear Joke.
  • Blogger Badger posted at 3:17 PM, December 24, 2009  
    That's okay. At my age, endurance is no longer a selling point.
  • Blogger Stomper Girl posted at 9:53 PM, December 25, 2009  
    Happy Christmas to you and yours Joke. I wish you all the best for 2010 Cx
  • Blogger Poppy Buxom posted at 1:37 PM, December 26, 2009  
    Joke and Badger:

    BWAHAHAHAHA!
  • Post a Comment

    « Home