Today's round up of not very major news either way.

I have no idea what to write, as the dearth of anything exciting, amusing, interesting, etc. has been pretty deafening. So here is a random list of stuff masquerading as a post.

The Wonderful News I have been awaiting for 293 years are still in "Just a second, I'll be right there!" mode.

Had a brief discussion with NOS about "What girls like in a boy." Answer: "Spectacular grades in school, a nice smile, kindness, cooking ability and being hilariously funny. But mostly the spectacular grades."

When he gets older I will clue him in on the aphrodisiacal properties of homework and diligent studying.

I have begun to hatch a plot to celebrate yet another suprise party for TFBIM. This means goodie* bags. Does anyone out there know how to etch glass? (Don't ask why. Your patience will be rewarded.) I figure it's time to amortize the $80 my snazzy new bar cost me.

Working with someone who has an artistic temperament is very, very trying.

Anyone out there use Skype? Opinions?

Why is Blogger moderating the comments of longtime readers?

Get your forms in for Tales of the Cocktail 2011. Last year there were 18,000 (!!!) attendees. Granted, most of these were from New Orleans, which tends to breed a sort of resident pathologically addicted to fun, but still. That's a lot of humanity.

Had to perform A Service on the new espresso machine. Now I know more about espresso machine innards than I wanted to.

That's it for now, carry on.

-J.

* It has been said, and not without merit, that I'd want goodie bags at my funeral.

Comments

Jen said…
You've taught NOS well. The thing that first impressed me about LB was that he knew how to use the function keys on the Mac.
Badger said…
I use and enjoy Skype, but I think my brother might perhaps want my entrails on a stick for ever introducing our parents to it.
Mean Mama said…
Skype can be great, but as Badger notes, you have to be careful with whom you engage! (ain't that the truth) Unfortunately I generally leave my status as "invisible" because of the constant pestering by certain people.

It is fabulous for seeing grandkids first lost tooth or listening to them play you violin. It is *super* for staying in touch with family in other countries or at any distance. ANd it is great for sharing a laugh with someone any time either of you needs it! This would be a good time to put in a plug for MacBooks and their nifty built-in web cams!
blackbird said…
Is it just me, or does "performing a service" on your espresso machine sound dirty to everyone?
Paola said…
I like SKYPE and enjoy it a lot, as one with relatives in the US and friends in Australia and I often even use t with my parents down the road here if I need to show them soemthing real quick.
Nobody is bothering me ...
BabelBabe said…
I Skype to talk to Kim and Suse. It rocks. But that's the only thing I use it for.

Etching glass - ok, if you go to your local craft store, you should be able to track down -- it's cream of some sort, that you use with a stencil or pattern or whatever, to put a pattern (permanent) into glass. It's not etching, like engraving, but it would work well, looks nice, and is permanent. would that work?

and oh, can I come to your funeral? I'll wear my red dress...I want a goodie bag. what does one put in funeral goodie bags?

word verif is ecissum. sounds like something you'd do to your espresso machine...
shula said…
Well, of COURSE you want goodie bags at your funeral.

Doesn't everybody?

Popular Posts