Thursday, January 19, 2012

At 5:12am.

I don't always hate my insomnia.

I hate it when there's not a bloody thing to do. I don't suffer from insomnia, I suffer from boredom.

So it's 5:13am now, none of my pals can be found online, there's nothing on the Internet. Appalling stuff.

On the upside, I have discovered how to make pickles which is so absurdly cheap and simple and yield such fantastic results my children are treating the entire endeavor as a sort of exercise in the very darkest magic.

Salt, vinegar, dill (seed AND fronds), touch of garlic, mustard and allspice, bit of water and cucumbers. Three days at room temperature and ta-dah.

-J.

Posted by JMG at 5:12 AM

3 Comments

  • Blogger kim at allconsuming posted at 7:52 AM, January 19, 2012  
    where were you LAST night when I was awake until 3am, huh? HUH?
  • Blogger JMG posted at 8:47 AM, January 19, 2012  
    Don't blame me, I'm not the one who stuck Australia so many bloody time zones ahead of us.
  • Blogger Paola posted at 12:26 PM, January 19, 2012  
    ... and you have homemade dills now, thanks to insomnia.
  • Post a Comment

    « Home