Better late than never.

Remember this?

Well, after much planning, submission of plans, rewriting, permits, scheduling and all that...the trigger has been pulled.

Check this out:












No going back now...

-J.

Comments

BreadBox said…
It appears, Joke, that you might be about to renovate and finish a basement: since LOML and I have been considering doing just that, we'd love to know how it goes, how you do it, pitfalls and costs!
Good luck!

N.
BreadBox said…
Color me stupid --- I didn't read the linked post -- good luck with the bathroom!

N.
Stomper Girl said…
There's nothing partial about that renovation. So, how long are the kids sharing your bathroom for?
meggie said…
There is nothing like Stomper Girl, getting staight down to the nitty gritties!
Hope it all goes smoothly for you.
We are still wallowing about in our dishevelled, ripped up, state... but there is a small light....
Caro said…
Damn, definitely no turning back.
Joke said…
No earthly idea how long it'll REALLY take. When it comes to estimates (of both time and expense) I believe nothing I hear and only half of what I read.

-J.
Sarah said…
Hope you're surviving, Joke. Mr. Lemony and I have been through A LOT of renovation and learned to love it. Seriously. We became addicted to renovation rubble and noise.

Have a martini, put your feet up and breathe in the demolition dust!
LBA said…
kewl.

Like the Lemony's, I lurve a good reno.

What I don't like however, are tradesmen .. ;)
Joke said…
I have NFI how long the sharing will last. There are a few things we were having made and those making them haven't -- as far as I can tell -- yet made them.

After this, we take a breather of __ weeks and then tackle the kitchen. The kitchen, oddly enough, is a lot easier because the kitchen is MINE.

Therefore, having no need for input or consensus, I can do whatever I think best.

Which is nice.

-J.
My float said…
MWAHA-HAHAHAHAHA.

Given we're living through a microscopic version of what you're going to achieve, I have only this to say: get ready to blog about it!

Oh a nicer note, I send you loads of best wishes with it all. May your tradespeople be as good as ours have been. (We've actually been quite lucky in that respect - our tradies have been fabulous. But you can't have them...unless you move to Sydney!)

Popular Posts