Oh, the irony!
Dear Internet,
As some of you may know, I count as offline friends several people who are Very Professional Writers. These have reached a reasonably high level of achievement in the writing field, too. So we're not talking about lame-o writers who are the weekend assistant copy boys for The Dacron Republican-Democrat. Writer-writers.
So what should arrive in my mailbox yesterday from one of these scribes?
Yes!
A generic Christmas newsletter. Wait! It gets better! EVERYTHING in said Christmas newsletter I already knew. All of it. Not a single shred of fact was revealed unto me by the GCN. It went on for several pages of previously overexplored and known facts. This is by someone who is a professional movie screenplay writer person with three novels on the resume' to boot.
Ha!
-J.
P.S. Poppy: MWAH!
As some of you may know, I count as offline friends several people who are Very Professional Writers. These have reached a reasonably high level of achievement in the writing field, too. So we're not talking about lame-o writers who are the weekend assistant copy boys for The Dacron Republican-Democrat. Writer-writers.
So what should arrive in my mailbox yesterday from one of these scribes?
Yes!
A generic Christmas newsletter. Wait! It gets better! EVERYTHING in said Christmas newsletter I already knew. All of it. Not a single shred of fact was revealed unto me by the GCN. It went on for several pages of previously overexplored and known facts. This is by someone who is a professional movie screenplay writer person with three novels on the resume' to boot.
Ha!
-J.
P.S. Poppy: MWAH!

Comments
And no, I am not talking about a Generic Christmas Letter.