A beautiful day and its discontents. UPDATED!
UPDATE! The plumber has just exited, and the offending segments of pipe have been replaced. We may now shower and perform our daily toilette, etc.* with impunity.
For all her sterling qualities, my beloved loves being outside.
I know, I know. Nobody's perfect.
Me? I love beautiful days, and they cheer me to no end when I see them on television. But for her, a beautiful day means that she must put herself in the sunlight and, to validate herself somehow, all and sundry must be dragged along.
Such as, say, today.
Today was/is a beautiful day. Something -- anything -- out-of-doors had to be undertaken. She settled on this back yard skimboard thing (basically a Slip 'n' Slide with a thin piece of wood shaped like a surfboard upon which one slides).
No sooner had all the assembled, er, assembled than she tugged at the hose the wrong way and cracked a bit of pipe and a geyser of water shot heavenwards. We were able to sort of patch it -- don't ask -- after much grumbling and muttered oaths but to be safe we had to shut off the water to the house.
-J.
* It's the moratorium on the "Etc." which vexes most in these cases.
For all her sterling qualities, my beloved loves being outside.
I know, I know. Nobody's perfect.
Me? I love beautiful days, and they cheer me to no end when I see them on television. But for her, a beautiful day means that she must put herself in the sunlight and, to validate herself somehow, all and sundry must be dragged along.
Such as, say, today.
Today was/is a beautiful day. Something -- anything -- out-of-doors had to be undertaken. She settled on this back yard skimboard thing (basically a Slip 'n' Slide with a thin piece of wood shaped like a surfboard upon which one slides).
No sooner had all the assembled, er, assembled than she tugged at the hose the wrong way and cracked a bit of pipe and a geyser of water shot heavenwards. We were able to sort of patch it -- don't ask -- after much grumbling and muttered oaths but to be safe we had to shut off the water to the house.
-J.
* It's the moratorium on the "Etc." which vexes most in these cases.

Comments
MF - We await the plumber.
Kim - Just try and stop her. Especially if the place is one of those polysyllabic aboriginal mouthfuls with twelevty squajillion kinds of lovely exotic (to us) fauna that can kill you.