You can't beat inevitability
It had to happen.
As many of you know --Badge, Poppy & Jujube are already painfully aware of this-- I have another more (well, "more" is a strong word) serious side of me. It involves my quest to spread the sartorial gospel that men ought dress as if fire and the wheel had, in fact, been invented (which I have been realiably informed is, indeed, the case) and not as cavepersons.
I have posted my ramblings thereon all over Usenet, evangelized, have actually written columns for well-respected online fora and, even, have another blog to that effect.
As it turns out, a (very small) piece by me ought appear in Angeleno and C[hicago]S[tyle?] magazines, on this very subject. I'm even getting PAID for this. So those of you who inhabit these locations, be on the lookout.
Yes, I do rule, why?
-J.
P.S. Poppy, please get an extra copy that I may autograph it to Binky Cushman.
As many of you know --Badge, Poppy & Jujube are already painfully aware of this-- I have another more (well, "more" is a strong word) serious side of me. It involves my quest to spread the sartorial gospel that men ought dress as if fire and the wheel had, in fact, been invented (which I have been realiably informed is, indeed, the case) and not as cavepersons.
I have posted my ramblings thereon all over Usenet, evangelized, have actually written columns for well-respected online fora and, even, have another blog to that effect.
As it turns out, a (very small) piece by me ought appear in Angeleno and C[hicago]S[tyle?] magazines, on this very subject. I'm even getting PAID for this. So those of you who inhabit these locations, be on the lookout.
Yes, I do rule, why?
-J.
P.S. Poppy, please get an extra copy that I may autograph it to Binky Cushman.

Comments
-J.
Poppy, a lot of the REALLY cruel-but-funny stuff was excised amid comments like "we thought this was priceless but..."
SL, it's really $31 after taxes, which means I can take my family to a matinee. And we can split a Coke and maybe a small popcorn.
-J., the next Lucius Beebe
I sincerely congratulated you on being published.
and then when you asked if it was about the money or the publication, I said both b/c I don't see what's wrong with any cash inflow, especially if it results from something that's not my 'official' business.
so why am I being called 'so-o-o-o- petty'? :-(
Since when have I been serious?
-J.
p.s. any word from your folks in the know as to the feasibility of any of the racing perks you dangled in front of me a few weeks ago? ;-) it's totally OK if they can't do anything at this stage.
-J.