Things only SAHDs know about.
OK,
So I'm at the pediatrician with NOS. The Doc looks out the window and says "Is that your black [ridiculously impractical Italian car]?"
"Yah huh," I reply.
Doc: "I thought you had a red [slightly less ridiculously impractical, but stupidly faster Italian car]."
Me: "I still have it."
Doc: "...and your wife lets you? Wow."
Pause...pause...(mind you, all this time, he is examining NOS)
Doc: "He has a bit of strep. What's it like to drive?"
Me: "It's great. This is my everyday car, though, but it gets great mileage, too."
Doc: "Is it reliable? I'll prescribe [some antibiotic I'm blanking on], __mg., twice a day, for 10 days."
Me: "Yes, but you have to be fanatical about the maintenance...most people slack on that and then all Hell breaks loose."
Doc: "I should get one."
Me: "If you don't need something collectible, they are actually rather reasonable."
Doc: "Really? I'd like to see him again in about a month, he's due for some bloodwork."
Me: "I'll dredge up some stuff and fax it over, I'll even introduce you to Richard, who is a wizard with these cars, and very fairly priced."
Doc: "That's good to know! Thank you! Bye, NOS!"
So now I'm doing research on Italian sports cars for my pediatrician.
-J.
So I'm at the pediatrician with NOS. The Doc looks out the window and says "Is that your black [ridiculously impractical Italian car]?"
"Yah huh," I reply.
Doc: "I thought you had a red [slightly less ridiculously impractical, but stupidly faster Italian car]."
Me: "I still have it."
Doc: "...and your wife lets you? Wow."
Pause...pause...(mind you, all this time, he is examining NOS)
Doc: "He has a bit of strep. What's it like to drive?"
Me: "It's great. This is my everyday car, though, but it gets great mileage, too."
Doc: "Is it reliable? I'll prescribe [some antibiotic I'm blanking on], __mg., twice a day, for 10 days."
Me: "Yes, but you have to be fanatical about the maintenance...most people slack on that and then all Hell breaks loose."
Doc: "I should get one."
Me: "If you don't need something collectible, they are actually rather reasonable."
Doc: "Really? I'd like to see him again in about a month, he's due for some bloodwork."
Me: "I'll dredge up some stuff and fax it over, I'll even introduce you to Richard, who is a wizard with these cars, and very fairly priced."
Doc: "That's good to know! Thank you! Bye, NOS!"
So now I'm doing research on Italian sports cars for my pediatrician.
-J.

Comments
And do you wipe the brake dust off after every trip? Wash the garage floor more than the house? I thought so.
I keep saying cheaper than a mistress but I am beginning to wonder...
Richard the Italo-Jamaican wonder has no idea what he COULD charge. I take my cars to him RELIGIOUSLY every 8 weeks for an overall checkup.
Ask bb about my mania. I have more car care products than Poppy & Badger have cosmetic products COMBINED.
I luuuuurve my cars.
-J.
;-)
-J.
and by someone who deals with KIDS all day for crying out loud.
that is funny.
Do I look like someone suffering from a superabundance of testosterone? No, I do not. I suppose it's the amount of time I spend with the guy. He's starting to mistake me for his best friend. I should remind him I'm still only a patient.