Ruthless hippie bastids.

A'ight.

I'm grooving over at Suse's reading on the manifest wonderfulness that is BabBab. Therein she writes on the matter of (new-to-Suse) Graham crackers. Someone comments on the wonderfulness of s'mores. So, I chime in on Suse's combox to the effect the greatest Graham crackers (and marshmallows) come from an outfit in Massachussetts called "Tiny Trapeze."

Which reminded me to check my inventory. Which was kinda low. I then attempt to log into TinyTrapeze.com only to find out they have been bought out by Whole Foods, Inc. ...who immediately shut down the whole webmail order thing. You may now ONLY get this stuff from selected Whole Foods outlets.

So, if you thought only Gordon Gekko/Enron types shafted the little guy...you can now add some Birkenstock-addled, Che Guevara T-Shirt wearing, Mother Jones/The Nation subscribin', "Wavy Gravy" dinosaurs to the pile.

I am WAY pyst.

-J.

Comments

Suse said…
Wait. So different companies make graham crackers? Not just Nabisco? You mean the term 'graham cracker' is a generic term, rather than a brand name? Oh lawd. So now I have to get multiple brands shipped to me for comparison.

Confused,
Suse
Joke said…
Precisely.

And, unless you know someone close enough to one of these Whole Foods places, you shan't experience the graham cracker nirvana that is Tiny Trapeze.

-J.
Major Bedhead said…
I LIVE in Massachusetts and I've never even heard of Tiny Trapeze. Am I going to have to head over to Whole Foods?

I'm still pissed because Whole Foods bought out Bread & Circus. Bastids.
Joke said…
Oh, don't get me started on the Bread & Circus thing. Whenever I travled to Boston, the last thing I did before heading down to Logan was stop at Clear Flour bakery (I'd chase elderly pedestrians with a lawn mower for their shortbread!) and then at B&C for stuff I couldn't get back here.

But Tiny Trapeze is worth seeking out, if you can stomach the notion of handing your money to traitorous bastids like that.

-J.
MsCellania said…
Getting fucked by Texans all ovah again.
Joke said…
Please don't tell me that hippies have invaded Texas corporate circles.

-J.
Sarah Louise said…
So they're called Tiny Trapeze? I'll see if our Whole Foods carries said item--and I'll be in Virginia this weekend, I can look there too.
MsCellania said…
Whole Foods is a Texas corp. Austin, I do believe.
BabelBabe said…
WF is turning into one of those faceless giants. sad.

Suse - I can supply Nabisco, and Keebler and HoneyMaid. (I prefer Nabisco - they are what we eat at our house.) Store brand, not worth it. And I'll check our WF and see if they carry Tiny Trapeze.

Joke - pls tell me you don't make your s'mores with imported and/or gourmet chocolate.
Joke said…
BabBab,

http://thejokeblog.blogspot.com/2005/07/things-without-which-you-oughtnt-live.html

-J.
MsCellania said…
We don't have the Tiny Trapeze at our Whole Foods. They told me it has to be a 'Big One'.
Badger said…
J: You do happen to know someone who lives in Austin, where WF is headquartered and whatnot. Someone who knows people who work at WF corporate. Someone who could potentially undertake a scouting mission to the big ginormous WF downtown to see if they have this crappe you seem to like so much.

Somone who's running low on booze.

I'm just sayin'.
Joke said…
Promise me you'll dress up like a Ninja.

-J.
Major Bedhead said…
I'm going to WF tomorrow. I shall be scoping the situation out. I shan't, however, dress as a ninja. Ridiculously pregnant chick will have to do ya.
Badger said…
If ninja is what turns you on, sure. You want I should take photos?
Jaye Joseph said…
Badger is right you know. You know people. You might not even know you know people. But these people? They might look out for you. They might find you things...
Joke said…
It's good to know people, yes. But it's a PITA to be in such a position due to these dimwit bastids. I used to click-click-clicky and get my stuff.

BASTIDS!

-J.

Popular Posts