This is why.
Dear Internet,
Yesterday I got a phone call that put The Very Big Autumn* Project in very serious jeopardy. I've spent all day yesterday and today, and very likely all day tomorrow trying to:
1- Salvage the thing or
2- Escape unscathed (or tolerably minimally scathed) from the debacle.
Beyond the time spent -- busier than a one-armed paperhanger in a drafty room -- I will likely spend some considerable time sweating bullets awaiting the outcome of whatever I end up doing.
So.
That will explain my impending silence. If anyone wants to get all theological and sling some prayers my way, they will be humbly and gratefully accepted. (God knows, literally, what you're talking about.)
I'm hoping to be back in the next couple of days.
-J.
* The Very Big Spring Project worked out fine.
Yesterday I got a phone call that put The Very Big Autumn* Project in very serious jeopardy. I've spent all day yesterday and today, and very likely all day tomorrow trying to:
1- Salvage the thing or
2- Escape unscathed (or tolerably minimally scathed) from the debacle.
Beyond the time spent -- busier than a one-armed paperhanger in a drafty room -- I will likely spend some considerable time sweating bullets awaiting the outcome of whatever I end up doing.
So.
That will explain my impending silence. If anyone wants to get all theological and sling some prayers my way, they will be humbly and gratefully accepted. (God knows, literally, what you're talking about.)
I'm hoping to be back in the next couple of days.
-J.
* The Very Big Spring Project worked out fine.

Comments
Something like: "Now, before we dig into the very last helping of these very fine Shredded Cuban Granny Pants, let's raise our glasses to a dear friend across the sea, to Joke!" (and you need to hear that in a sort of warm, fake Irish accent, because that's how it's playing in my head, as are the chorus of warm fake Irish voices resoundingly responding with "Joke!" and a long swallow before descending upon the Shredded Granny Pants as if there was a Potato Famine arriving tomorrow).
May the road rise to meet you and the wind be always at your back. And let's hear that the Very Big Autumn Project is salvaged soon.
Bec
Good thoughts, etc.