A(nother) contest! Sort of.
I have been informed by she who decides these things that the boys' bathroom's renovation simply cannot be put off any longer. Since I'm the SAHP, I'll take the lead in this endeavor. So far so good.
While I have excellent and sharply crystallized ideas on what we ought do about the master bathroom, the (eventual) top floor addition, kitchen remodel, etc., I am stumped as re. the bathroom in question.
So, I turn to the collected wisdom of my readership.
In a couple of days I will post pictures of the APPALLING condition of this bathroom. I will entertain any and all suggestions. The only caveat is that the footprint of the room is unalterable. For a number of reasons well afield of this entry, the bathroom cannot be enlarged. Trust me on this. Keep in mind the bathroom will be used by two boys yet to reach the age of 10, to say nothing of their grubby friends with overactive renal systems and poor marksmanship.
I want/need specific suggestions (as in photos/links) for flooring, tiles, cabinets, toilets, sinks, showers/tubs, fixtures, lighting, wall treatment, window treatments, etc.
This is how this'll work: I'll post the pictures and those eager to play along will post on THEIR blogs something like:
This shower: [link] [photo]
This sink: [link] [photo]
etc.
and then in the combox of my post chime in to the effect the post is up.
The winner will receive something REALLY cool, which I'll ship to wherever...even halfway across the globe, diagonally.
Have at it.
-J.
While I have excellent and sharply crystallized ideas on what we ought do about the master bathroom, the (eventual) top floor addition, kitchen remodel, etc., I am stumped as re. the bathroom in question.
So, I turn to the collected wisdom of my readership.
In a couple of days I will post pictures of the APPALLING condition of this bathroom. I will entertain any and all suggestions. The only caveat is that the footprint of the room is unalterable. For a number of reasons well afield of this entry, the bathroom cannot be enlarged. Trust me on this. Keep in mind the bathroom will be used by two boys yet to reach the age of 10, to say nothing of their grubby friends with overactive renal systems and poor marksmanship.
I want/need specific suggestions (as in photos/links) for flooring, tiles, cabinets, toilets, sinks, showers/tubs, fixtures, lighting, wall treatment, window treatments, etc.
This is how this'll work: I'll post the pictures and those eager to play along will post on THEIR blogs something like:
This shower: [link] [photo]
This sink: [link] [photo]
etc.
and then in the combox of my post chime in to the effect the post is up.
The winner will receive something REALLY cool, which I'll ship to wherever...even halfway across the globe, diagonally.
Have at it.
-J.

Comments
-J.
you would not believe the WV for this.....knayjxgg
-J.
I'm midstream, as it were, in OUR bathroom remodel.
Tile salespeople are the used car salespeople of the home decor world.
Unless you go upscale, and why would you with littler pishers?
You've just missed the Resto 20% off sale for everything bathroom - I cleaned up on that one.
PB does nice looking bathroom things but I am concerned re the quality.
Polished nickle.
That's all I'll say -
wait, no, brushed. (forgot it's the kid bathroom)
-J.
And I'm still not painting your fence.
-J.
Harrumph.
-J.
I fear the worst.
-J.
Unless -- and I shudder at the thought -- your literary lady friends have deluded themselves into thinking they can REFORM you somehow.
Oh God, I need a bromo. And a nap.
-Injun Joke