Bath time.
OK. As per my penultimate post, here are the pictures of the abysmal kids' bathroom in its untenable condition. Any and all suggestions gleefully accepted.
From the door, looking left.
Now looking right.
The sink area.
What passes for the shower.
Another view of the shower.
Kindly note the "ragged" stain on the paint, and the peeling paint on the ceiling and the claustrophobe's nightmare-sized shower.
OK people, go crazy...and remember, I need very specific suggestions (links and/or pictures, please!) so I can raze it and start afresh.
-J.
From the door, looking left.
Now looking right.
The sink area.
What passes for the shower.
Another view of the shower.Kindly note the "ragged" stain on the paint, and the peeling paint on the ceiling and the claustrophobe's nightmare-sized shower.
OK people, go crazy...and remember, I need very specific suggestions (links and/or pictures, please!) so I can raze it and start afresh.
-J.

Comments
Solid surface for vanity top (corian/silestone), same beadboard for cabinet if you're really sold on it. Enamel paint. I tend to stick with pure white fixtures. Earthtones for the rest. But my favorite bathroom ever was PURE white. I did not have children then...
Are you going to stick with 4x4 tile, or go with that subway look? Does your art deco style preclude 8x8 or larger tile (floor set at an angle, with a row of angled tile at eye level in the shower)?
I have NFI what I'll do. Which is why I'm asking for specific suggestions.
We haven't begun gutting it, so I have no idea what -- including structural limitations -- we'll run into.
MF,
You kiddin'? The world will grow weary of my bathroom reports.
-J.
I have only one suggestion: double sinks. My two share a bathroom, too, so trust me. You'll thank me later.
-J.
Just go to Lowe's, find a sink you like, and BUY TWO.
xo,
Becky
-Cousin Sid
Hire a designer who specializes in transforming the 1920-1950's bungalows. Why reinvent the wheel? Remodeling is a
Huge
Pain
In
The
Butt.
You WILL encounter many Holy Shit situations. The Designer/Architect/Contractor will already have met the HSS, and can save $$$ and time.
And they will be able to get you into some homes like yours that have been gutted/popped/remodeled. You can talk to the owners about woulda shoulda coulda and also what they did that they loved.
I'm Just Sayin'....
you don't want to do this piecemeal -
get the whole job done at once.
Besides, if you use polished nickel in the bathroom...
doesn't your master bath need a re-do too?
But it'd make for relatively dull blogging.
-J.
Duh.
-J.
But I don't have time now. I hope to post ideas in my blog this evening.
One thing is certain: Toto toilets. They work.
Or wall-mounted toilets. They require tearing up and rebuilding a wall but they are so easy to clean.
Also I'm no fan of drop-in sinks. Undermount or vessels for me, si vous plait.
Check my blog tonight.
P.S. Glass bricks for the shower! With a door instead of a curtain! I don't have a link!
Gosh, I'd be tempted to put in a ship's privvy - you know -- shit/shower/shave all in the same space! And use the rest for a nice, roomy closet. Okay, TFBYM would never go for it. But it sure would be easy to clean...
Ahem. Back to some ideas.
YES on the double sinks, even if they are practically smooching on the side. Put the mirror at least 4" off the counter. You can get solid surface made with sinks in them - no seams. I love our solid surface sink/counter. Light bars on the sides of the mirror are nice. We did a solid surface custom shower pan, too.
Um, I'll email you some photos...
No, I'm just obnoxious.
Lemony & Ms.,
Okay, now we're getting somewhere.
-J.