The non-plan Menu Plan
Riffing on something the La Bec Fin* hath posted, I will hereby offer my list of what I have prepared and running around my fridge and/or pantry on a regular basis, from which I can springboard merrily to any number of meals.
These are not "staples" (like EVOO or sea salt, etc.) but rather things which I make in giganticmous batches with some frequency to cut my prep time to near-zero when I make something semi-complicated.
These are:
Balsamic & Onion "confit"
Tomato & Garlic "confit"
Basil "pre-pesto"
Cilantro & garlic puree
Beef stock (THERE IS NO GOOD COMMERCIAL BEEF STOCK. None. Get used to it.)
Chicken stock (there is decent commercial stuff, but since I'm already at this...)
Seafood stock
Ham stock
Asian-ish marinade (good for chicken/pork)
Thai-ish marinade (good for shrimp & seafood)
Spiced yogurt marinade (which could turn Greek/Turkish or Indian depending on further seasoning...good for chicken or lamb)
Ginger syrup
Cinnamon syrup
Spice/herb blends: Greek, "herbes de Provence," Neapolitan, Garam Masala, Thai, Tex-Mex, Caribbean. Good for rubbing on whatever you cook on live fire, or for marinades or vinaigrettes or sauces.
Recipes to follow.
-J.
* This is a little play on words that will be lost on anyone who is not a USA-based foodie.
These are not "staples" (like EVOO or sea salt, etc.) but rather things which I make in giganticmous batches with some frequency to cut my prep time to near-zero when I make something semi-complicated.
These are:
Balsamic & Onion "confit"
Tomato & Garlic "confit"
Basil "pre-pesto"
Cilantro & garlic puree
Beef stock (THERE IS NO GOOD COMMERCIAL BEEF STOCK. None. Get used to it.)
Chicken stock (there is decent commercial stuff, but since I'm already at this...)
Seafood stock
Ham stock
Asian-ish marinade (good for chicken/pork)
Thai-ish marinade (good for shrimp & seafood)
Spiced yogurt marinade (which could turn Greek/Turkish or Indian depending on further seasoning...good for chicken or lamb)
Ginger syrup
Cinnamon syrup
Spice/herb blends: Greek, "herbes de Provence," Neapolitan, Garam Masala, Thai, Tex-Mex, Caribbean. Good for rubbing on whatever you cook on live fire, or for marinades or vinaigrettes or sauces.
Recipes to follow.
-J.
* This is a little play on words that will be lost on anyone who is not a USA-based foodie.

Comments
I make a great chicken stock but have no idea how to make a beef stock.
It would be great if you posted that first, pleeeeaaase.
-J.
You're terrible!
I dunno whether to be horribly embarrassed or start smirking.
Conflictedly,
-J.
So there.
-J.
P.S. Kinda indicative of the way some people's minds are, um, predisposed to the interpretation of stuff, though...
And yes, I am very much afraid I'm not getting the full La Bec Fin reference - help?
-J.