More taggery.

This time from the lovely and gracious TeacherGirl. I'm not really sure how this one works, but what the Hell, right?

1. What do you hope to accomplish with your blog?
Not much. Just give voice to some of my opinions and perspectives, in the hopes of being entertaining.

2. Are you a spiritual person?
I'm not spiritual, but I am religious.

3. If you were stranded on a deserted island, what three things would you want to have with you?
Nautical charts, a boatmaking manual and a solar distillation apparatus.

4. What’s your favorite childhood memory?
Cooking braised short ribs that were so good my old man actually paid me an unconditional compliment. (Something which surprised us both.)

5. Are these your first (tagging) memes?
Nope!

Here are the rules according to whomever likes to make up rules: • Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about him/herself. • People who are tagged need to write in their own blog about their eight things and post these rules. • At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. • Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

1. I have developed a train-wreck fascination with Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares.

2. I was once a Philosophy major. Really. That lasted half a semester.

3. You have no idea how many posts wind up in "perma-draft." Easily half. (I am always mindful of the bit about not discussing religion or politics.)

4. I am a hidebound anachronism. Fountain pens, suspenders (or braces to my silent Brit readers), cufflinks and stickshift transmissions all have a fond spot in my heart.

5. I make everyone suffer through my silent film addiction.

6. I hate bell peppers.

7. I HATE the great outdoors. The great outdoors are defined as the space which separates the places I'd rather be.

8. I can taste wine and actually taste all those "blackberry and plum notes" and the like.


I tag:

Poppy, BabBab, bb, Badge, Stomper, Caro, Ms, Shula.

Comments

meggie said…
You hate bell peppers?
Are these the peppers we refer to as Capsicums?? I can scarcely believe this.....
Joke said…
The very same.

Shuddering freely,

-J.
Badger said…
Oh fine. I will get to it eventually.

Are there new episodes of Kitchen Nightmares on now? Because the ones they're showing at 11 a.m. (CDT) are ones I've already seen.

Meanwhile I am waiting, breath fully bated, for the new season of The F Word.
blackbird said…
Did it.
It's done -
posted last night I think.
Major Bedhead said…
Re: #7 - here is a quote you might appreciate:
I hate the outdoors. To me the outdoors is where the car is. - Will Durst.

I had that hanging on my office wall, back in the day when I had an office. That and the Lemonheads song The Outdoor Type - both completely sum up my feelings on the great outdoors.
Joke said…
Badge, right now they're showing the "F Word" episodes (wrapped up series 1 yestiddy).

-J.

PS MBH, you are righter than you know.
Poppy B. said…
I'm up with the first half. The second half is going to take longer. I've been blogging so long I can't think of eight new random and/or surprising things to tell people.
Stomper Girl said…
Thankyou for the tag, gracious one. I am mid-ponder.

Fountain pens? What's wrong with a good old quill and inkwell?
MsCellania said…
I'm surprised about the bell peppers, too.
I came out of hibe and posted.
Sarah said…
Joke, are you still mad at me?

If the above sentence makes no sense to you Ican assume that my well-founded feelings of guilt are just paranoia after all.
Joke said…
Yes. Paranoia.

-J.

P.S. Quick! Behind you!
Caro said…
The bell peppers shock me too! My husband won't eat them and I love them.

And I've been tagged. Woo-hoo!

Next time I post, I'll do this.
BreadBox said…
Any chance of your posting the recipe for the braised ribs that were so good? Mmmmm.....

Popular Posts