I will say this...

Having an open bar at your parents 50th Anniversary event--where all manner of annoying relatives will congregate like mastodons at a watering hole--is bloody genius.

More as soon as my liver gets wrung out.`

-J.

Comments

Stomper Girl said…
Sounds like you managed to enjoy yourself then, despite your forebodings?
shula said…
I take it the Deed is Done, then?
Joke said…
SG,

I managed to do so by hewing close to the bartender.

S,

Oh, HELL yes.

-J.
Bec said…
Doffing my lid. Well done.

Is there any social problem that can't be solved by the judicial application of alcohol?


(I know there are good reasons not to, but I do wish you'd switch on anon comments so I didn't have to use my ridiculously cumbersome blogger login...)
KPB said…
So whose Aunty is really their mum?
My float said…
Speech, speech!

(No, really, what did you say during your toast?)
Badger said…
I like how you said the really annoying relatives congregated at the bar, and then admitted to having spent the majority of your time there yourself.

Your self-awareness continues to amaze and delight me, compadre.
meggie said…
But wait... did your father enjoy it? And of course, your mother?
My float said…
Oy. Hasn't your liver been wrung out yet?

Popular Posts