...which brings us to today.
Dear Internet,
I have been aswim in Argentine clients. I shall remain aswim for the next 6 weeks or so. Still, I know that the entire web hangs upon every word that issues from my two index digits to the screens of the world; so I'll bring you up to speed.
Besides the aforesaid parade of Argentines, NOS is in a heap of trouble. Again. We had discussed his dereliction of homework duty and the discipline which ensued. He straightened up and flew right until one day he realized he simply couldn't be bothered and lapsed into the previous behaviors.
Iberic justice has been swift. No anything for a month. No parties (two that we knew of), no TV, no movies, no playdates, no toys, no Wii -- don't ask why he has one against my better judgment -- no Halloween trick-or-treat. This has collapsed the boy's dowry price like so much Weimar currency. There is no joy in Mudville.
Everything else is fine. Got some long-awaited suitings in the mail. No trips anywhere planned, and I am trying -- and not succeeding -- to get through Tennyson's Gift by Lynn Truss. So far it's pretty much below par. I am very disappointed.
Maybe October is the cruelest month.
-J.
P.S. Blogging might be a weekend-only affair for the next few weeks. I'll try for better than that, but don't get too hopeful.
I have been aswim in Argentine clients. I shall remain aswim for the next 6 weeks or so. Still, I know that the entire web hangs upon every word that issues from my two index digits to the screens of the world; so I'll bring you up to speed.
Besides the aforesaid parade of Argentines, NOS is in a heap of trouble. Again. We had discussed his dereliction of homework duty and the discipline which ensued. He straightened up and flew right until one day he realized he simply couldn't be bothered and lapsed into the previous behaviors.
Iberic justice has been swift. No anything for a month. No parties (two that we knew of), no TV, no movies, no playdates, no toys, no Wii -- don't ask why he has one against my better judgment -- no Halloween trick-or-treat. This has collapsed the boy's dowry price like so much Weimar currency. There is no joy in Mudville.
Everything else is fine. Got some long-awaited suitings in the mail. No trips anywhere planned, and I am trying -- and not succeeding -- to get through Tennyson's Gift by Lynn Truss. So far it's pretty much below par. I am very disappointed.
Maybe October is the cruelest month.
-J.
P.S. Blogging might be a weekend-only affair for the next few weeks. I'll try for better than that, but don't get too hopeful.

Comments
And i'm trying to curtail posting and commenting lest I look like I have *completely* no life ( as opposed to partially no life )
Don't make me have to discover newer, lesser blogs to titilate me whilst you wrestle the Agentines..
Geez, if we're all like this in October then December / January is going to be slim pickings.
How delightfully unreconstructed.
Bec - your companion in bad Octobers.
If I were you, I'd start looking for a 1993 Saturn in a color combination of your preference and NOS will make sure it is delivered to you.
Bec,
Yes. Ironically, I can crank out 75WPM using only 20% of my available digits.
H&B,
Having nothing to say has never stopped me before. Having no time, alas, has.
SG,
Basically NOS can't be bothered to write down what he is supposed to be doing for homework or what he is supposed to bring home therefor.
Oy,
-J.
no trick-or-treating? WOW. Can you give me lessons in parental hardheartedness? I need them. Seriously.
I must say that you are helping me *not* look forward at all to the time when Boo and Skibo reach NOS's age! Good luck dealing with him and re-straightening out his flight path...
N.
Yes, very much so and in an unhealthy and morally dubious way.
-J.