A microscopic rant.
You know what I hate about blogging?
Running out of steam mid-post.
My Draft pile is littered -- festooned, even -- with half-written entries. I'd say a good 40% of my bloggy efforts have prematurely gone to that elephant graveyard, and most of those because midway through whatever I was writing the realization dawned I had nowhere to go. I may have had a valid point, but had no satisfactory way of putting it.
So it's shelved.
That's just happend to me. Yes! Just now! I won't spoil it by revealing the details, as there may be a solution to the half-bakedness in the morning or after a generous soaking of my synapses in espresso. The point remains it's frustrating.
You start off at a breakneck pace, afire with the very clevah idea that prompted you to immediate bloggery, and then you start groping for words. Then you move a sentence or two. Finally you realize: "Aw, @#$%. That's all I had."
Aw, @#$%. That's all I have.
-J.
Running out of steam mid-post.
My Draft pile is littered -- festooned, even -- with half-written entries. I'd say a good 40% of my bloggy efforts have prematurely gone to that elephant graveyard, and most of those because midway through whatever I was writing the realization dawned I had nowhere to go. I may have had a valid point, but had no satisfactory way of putting it.
So it's shelved.
That's just happend to me. Yes! Just now! I won't spoil it by revealing the details, as there may be a solution to the half-bakedness in the morning or after a generous soaking of my synapses in espresso. The point remains it's frustrating.
You start off at a breakneck pace, afire with the very clevah idea that prompted you to immediate bloggery, and then you start groping for words. Then you move a sentence or two. Finally you realize: "Aw, @#$%. That's all I had."
Aw, @#$%. That's all I have.
-J.

Comments
No one told me, dude.
It's very disheartening to get off the starting line at a zillion miles (or, if you'd rather, km.) per hour only to reach paragraph three saying "What the @#$% am I talking about?"
For illustration, I offer the following sentence:
It drives me crazy when I start a sentence and then