In which our hero succumbs to a cyber-fad
I am always wary of blog contests. I realize I am being lured into something not for grand and noble purposes, but rather, merely to inflate someone's readership. So I generally skip those, being deeply principled and unimpressed with the prize.
But my principles, as anyone who knew me back during my Wilderness Years will attest, can be malleable.
So I make this embarrassing-ish deviation from policy because the prize of a certain blog contest is so wonderful, containing, by my estimation, a small fortune's worth of ardent spirits of unimpeachable quality.
My purity cannot be swayed for, say, a $25 gift card from [insert retailer here] -- much as I enjoy [retailer] -- but when one is offering wildly rare and somewhat expensive spirituous liquors representing the very zenith of the distiller's art...well, I can tell my purity to take the day off.
So, basically, stand by for a blog post in the next 3-4 days that might prove a craven and unabashed attempt to win some highly coveted (I cannot emphasize sufficiently how hard to find these particular bottles are) potables.
Ya done been warned.
-J.
But my principles, as anyone who knew me back during my Wilderness Years will attest, can be malleable.
So I make this embarrassing-ish deviation from policy because the prize of a certain blog contest is so wonderful, containing, by my estimation, a small fortune's worth of ardent spirits of unimpeachable quality.
My purity cannot be swayed for, say, a $25 gift card from [insert retailer here] -- much as I enjoy [retailer] -- but when one is offering wildly rare and somewhat expensive spirituous liquors representing the very zenith of the distiller's art...well, I can tell my purity to take the day off.
So, basically, stand by for a blog post in the next 3-4 days that might prove a craven and unabashed attempt to win some highly coveted (I cannot emphasize sufficiently how hard to find these particular bottles are) potables.
Ya done been warned.
-J.

Comments