In case you wondered

I'm still all disempowered. Still, this remains preferable to having a winter.

-Joke

Comments

Badger said…
As I'm constantly telling my midwestern relatives, you don't have to shovel heat. Although sometimes it feels like you could, if you really wanted to put forth the effort.

I hope you're empowered soon, and with little to no roof damage. And also that your vodka doesn't get warm or anything sucky like that.
Joke said…
I am pleased to report that my fridge is bearing up remarkably well for being unelectrified for 36 hours and all.

Besides, this is a lot better than having a blizzard knock out my power. I'd rather endure three evenings with temperatures at 90F than at 9F.
Poppy B. said…
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Goodie Two Shoes,

I'm sitting here in air-conditioned comfort--recovering from two outdoor parties where the weather was perfect--and you two are sweating your gonads off.

Plus Joke's going to have to eat all the food in his refrigerator so it doesn't go to waste and then either give himself a heart attack working off the extra calories, or just hope he'll sweat them off. Which actually sounds possible, given the temperature in Miami in July.

Yet you're both still going "neener neener, we don't have to deal with snow."

I can only conclude that long exposure to excessive heat kills brain cells.

--P.
Joke said…
Outdoor parties? How perfectly foul.

Air-conditionedly,

-Joke, winter hater and recovering Midwesterner

Popular Posts