Physician, heal thyself.

Stress is not an aerobic exercise.

Stress is not an aerobic exercise.

Stress is not an aerobic exercise.

Stress is not an aerobic exercise.

Stress is not an aerobic exercise.

Stress is not an aerobic exercise.

There are people--God bless 'em--who lead stressful lives. Not just the guys who parachute behind enemy lines with only three bullets and toothpick and some rubber bands, but people whose daily routine leads them into situations where they have to accomplish several damned-near-impossible tasks at once, usually entailing going in very opposite directions.

Those people are somewhat inured to stress. This is not to say they find it any less stressful than others, just that they are familiar with the territory and have developed some coping skills.

Me? I generally don't do stress. I am unfazed by kids' school things, or friends calling upon me at the last moment in a near-panic, or having to do something long, boring and protracted at the last minute. I am never stressed by what (key word coming up here) I am supposed to do. But every rare once in a while stress lands on me (totally unbidden, mind) when people who were supposed to do X might or mightn't, and time is running out and here I am. So I must remind myself of my mantra:

Stress is not an aerobic exercise.

Stress is not an aerobic exercise.

Stress is not an aerobic exercise.

Stress is not an aerobic exercise.

Stress is not an aerobic exercise.


Blah.

-J.

Comments

blackbird said…
yeah.
let me know how that works out for you.
I usually take a wee tiny pill.
Joke said…
It looks a quite bit mo' bettah, given that all the things that needed to happen are, indeed, happening.

[knock wood]

-J.
Caro said…
That's why I'm not losing weight. Crap!

Popular Posts