Ahhhh...winter.

Today, along my errands' trail, there was a detour for some of the interminable road construction. This is the sight that greeted me.

For those of you who made fun of me during the 821 hurricanes I had to undergo...today's high is 71F/22C. Brrr! Winter!

-J.

P.S. Not to give away the surprise, but the place where we'll go for our weekend getaway while TFBIM teaches the lepers how to sing had an overnight low temperature of 23F/-5C13F/-10C (and 6F/-14C forecast the day after we return!)

Comments

Jess said…
DO we get to guess?

IS THIS ANOTHER CONTEST?
Joke said…
Um, no. Just a surprise.
Good idea, though.

-J.
Badger said…
Oh. Well, crap. Not SA then.

It's SUPPOSED to be 71 here this time of year. But it's not. And I am heartily CHEESED OFF.
Joke said…
The funny thing is that when the high is 71F/22C, there is a sizeable plurality of people wearing sweaters and jackets and things.

Really.

-J.
Poppy B. said…
So ... I take it you and the boys are *not* coming to Chicago? Because on Saturday the low will be zero degrees. Fahrenheit, of course. (Centigrade is for pussies.)
Stomper Girl said…
Ha! We're having a cool spot in our summer and our maximum was roughly on par with yours. (And I am wearing a cardigan!)

But that's all about to end this weekend with some powerful hot weather, the sort that makes me sit in front of the air-con wearing virtually no clothes and a seriously grumpy expression.
Joke said…
P.,

0C is relatively mild stuff, I agree.

SG,

This is pretty much our coldest. In fact, so far this is the coldest winter in ~8 years.
Caro said…
Our winter can't make up its mind.

A few week ago I was freezing and wouldn't step outside.

Yesterday I walked my son home from pre-school.

I know we need some rain but I am enjoying this weather.
My float said…
Following on from my comment on your newer post (still with me?), I have two words to say to you.

Sydney.

Warm.
Joke said…
MF,

I realize you're angling for the opportunity to cadge edibles, which is commendable.

But living a mere 90mi./150km from the tropics, warm's not an issue. Unless, of course, for the times I go deranged and go visit frigid places.

-J.
My float said…
Damn, foiled again.
Joke said…
MF,

Your heart's in the right place.

-J.

Seriously, our winter temperatures AVERAGE 32C...

Popular Posts