Well, since you asked.

OK, here are pictures of TFBIM's Christmas gift. Alfa Romeo (duh!) 168 Super.Gorgeous! Fast! Surprisingly economical!
Who says I cannot wrap gifts? (Notice the "Euro-style" license plate space. I gotta buy the little light thingies that fill in that space and also illuminate the license plate. But that's a peccata minuta type of thing.)
Cavernous, innit?
My favorite screenshot from the DVD manual (which includes a scene named "Autobahn Run" which also features toddlers sleeping at this speed).

And the cabin. Notice my rather space-efficient wife has scooted up the seat as far as it'll go.

And there you have it.

-J.

Comments

blackbird said…
It's so lovely.

I can almost smell it.
Caro said…
Very nice. :)
Jess said…
Whoah. And zowie!

Is Mrs. Joke still over the moon?
Joke said…
DGB,

Funny you should phrase it that way, as Mrs. Joke has been driving it as if she were Hell-bent on achieving the orbit speed necessary to go over, as you noted, the moon.

-J.

P.S. Turns out I married a leadfoot. Who knew?
MsCellania said…
*sigh*
It is getting more and more difficult to keep my caboose planted in a minivan.
Even a zippy minivan is still driving a bus, and not a sleek, sexy, responsive Italian sedan.
I hope she also received nice driving shoes. She's a lucky little leadfoot.
Stomper Girl said…
Niiiiiize wheels mistah! I think TFBYM wins for being most spoiled by the husband this Christmas.

Although I would not want a stick-shift (gasp! horror!). I drove one for 15 years, but found it made my shin ache with all the clutch-ing you have to do when driving in the big city - too many red lights.
Bec said…
Ignore them, especially Stomper, Melbourne would be a very bad city for manual gear changes because of the vast number of DREAMY drivers...

I digress.

You are officially my first blog acitivity for x-so-many-weeks. Don't tell the others. I'm still quiet. But you are not. So there it is.

Bec
Joke said…
It's been an innumerable amount of time since I've been to Melbourne, so maybe things have changed a great deal...but my problem was not so much doing the down- and upshift two-step, but driving on the opposite side of the road.

I regret never having been to Sydney, but my priorities at age 20something were, er, different.

-J.

P.S. I rather enjoyed being called a "bloody Yank" which sounds like a mediaeval medical procedure.
KPB said…
this is very fancy pants indeed, and it would be a great injustice to drive it at anything less than warp speed.

Funny, as TB-whatever all that stands for as I still haven't been able to work it out- gets the flash Italian sedan, we're looking at 70s kombis for a reno... hmmmm

Popular Posts