Some mighty weird karma.
Some people seem to get sunshine and lollipops from the Dept. of Karmic Justice, and others get some sort of Torquemadad 24/7 treatment from same. Me? I get some very, very strange stuff.
Having effected the school dropoff successfully -- if a bit in-the-nick-of-time -- I proceeded to run sundry errands. Edibles, fuel, banking, that sort of thing.
It is at that moment my cell* phone rings. It's the school. Such a call so soon after dropoff is never a good sign.
"Is this Mr. Joke Googlia?"
"Yes," he said with apprehension
"This call is regarding NTS Googlia."
"Yes," I reiterated
"Apparently he needs a pair of socks."
"He had socks this morning."
"His teacher reports he has unraveled them."
"Unr...er, you mean..."
"Yes, Mr. Googlia. He will require fresh socks."
And yes, apparently he was sitting amid a large skein or lewt or boule (or whatever it's called, I'm sure a stalwart member of the Knitter's Guild will issue the correct information) of white cotton yarn that scant moments earlier had been his Young Gentlemen's Hosiery.
-J.
* or "Mobile"
Having effected the school dropoff successfully -- if a bit in-the-nick-of-time -- I proceeded to run sundry errands. Edibles, fuel, banking, that sort of thing.
It is at that moment my cell* phone rings. It's the school. Such a call so soon after dropoff is never a good sign.
"Is this Mr. Joke Googlia?"
"Yes," he said with apprehension
"This call is regarding NTS Googlia."
"Yes," I reiterated
"Apparently he needs a pair of socks."
"He had socks this morning."
"His teacher reports he has unraveled them."
"Unr...er, you mean..."
"Yes, Mr. Googlia. He will require fresh socks."
And yes, apparently he was sitting amid a large skein or lewt or boule (or whatever it's called, I'm sure a stalwart member of the Knitter's Guild will issue the correct information) of white cotton yarn that scant moments earlier had been his Young Gentlemen's Hosiery.
-J.
* or "Mobile"

Comments
That takes a level of destructive committment that is simply breathtaking.
-J.
NTS should visit them sometime. He'd fit right in.
Aren't little boys just too much fun!
I s'pose a pair of knitting needles is out of the question?
See, I just don't get it at all.
When I read of all the other children's feats, I realised my kids were well behaved after all!
Never mind the fact that one had blown it's nose a bedroom drape, & I unfortunately discovered this when I was showing someone around our abode.
Please. Don't make me spill my coffee again.
N:-)
Yes, the cloakroom.
Is this a stupid question? Is it very cold or are the shoes very uncomfortable?
Mind you, what I'd give for the children to unravel socks as opposed to picking at the thinning spots of fabric on the lounge.
And J - you have the audacity to question those of us who pick at our cuticles all the while you have produced a child who picks at his clothes until they.don't.exist.anymore.