Oy to the world.
You might have noticed, Gentle Reader, a noticeable gap in the publishing schedule for this august blog. Part of it has to do with TFBIM's work schedule, which oscillates during this time of the year (Tax Season) between nightmarish and hellish, leaving me in the capacity of Stay At Home Dad/househusband. The other reason is that my own work stuff has had a few inexpressively inconvenient wrenches thrown into the works.
I figure to resume publication on Monday, since all I had scheduled was one brief, early morning meeting with a client. That was, as the Cuban axiom goes--duly translated, even at the cost of the je ne sais quoi of the thing, to English--"when the monkey's mother took a shit." A huge payment related to a huge real estate project was due on the 8th and I had sent it USPS Priority with tracking. In fact, I mailed it off on the 4th, just to be safe. Well, as of Monday the Post Office had no record of it ever having been mailed. (Seems you have to go to the window to effect the outgoing portion of the tracking process...which is conveniently omitted when you perform the automated mailing thing. Bastids.) So that caused a minor panic.
Then another client emailed--somewhat snippily, I thought--about some documentation he had yet to receive and needed them, for reasons which have yet to be adequately explored, immediately.
Then, I broke my favorite pair of glasses (the preceding week I had lost my 2nd favorite pair of glasses). It was 9:45am. You can guess how the rest of the day was going to go.
So that's my excuse.
People are also trying to rope me into a time-consuming charitable chairmanship thing. And St. Valentine's Day is at our throats.
Al Capone, it seems, was the only one who had a clear notion how to celebrate St. Valentine's Day.
Ovah and out.
-J.
I figure to resume publication on Monday, since all I had scheduled was one brief, early morning meeting with a client. That was, as the Cuban axiom goes--duly translated, even at the cost of the je ne sais quoi of the thing, to English--"when the monkey's mother took a shit." A huge payment related to a huge real estate project was due on the 8th and I had sent it USPS Priority with tracking. In fact, I mailed it off on the 4th, just to be safe. Well, as of Monday the Post Office had no record of it ever having been mailed. (Seems you have to go to the window to effect the outgoing portion of the tracking process...which is conveniently omitted when you perform the automated mailing thing. Bastids.) So that caused a minor panic.
Then another client emailed--somewhat snippily, I thought--about some documentation he had yet to receive and needed them, for reasons which have yet to be adequately explored, immediately.
Then, I broke my favorite pair of glasses (the preceding week I had lost my 2nd favorite pair of glasses). It was 9:45am. You can guess how the rest of the day was going to go.
So that's my excuse.
People are also trying to rope me into a time-consuming charitable chairmanship thing. And St. Valentine's Day is at our throats.
Al Capone, it seems, was the only one who had a clear notion how to celebrate St. Valentine's Day.
Ovah and out.
-J.

Comments
In fact, just to stir things up a bit, I was going to post that right now, in Chicago, it has just started to snow.
-Poppy who knows how to get a rise out of Joke
-J.
--P.