St. Valentine's Day Ramblings
Well, today is St. Valentine's Day. It's always bugged me the "St." part has been dropped from modern American (I cannot speak to the remainder of the Anglosphere) usage. Of course, it doesn't upset me as much as it probably upsets St. Valentine, who--and I'm just guessing here--probably was martyred in a way that only a Roman could have devised, i.e. yucky, painful and kinda gross.
Anyway, today is the day when many husbands sweat out whether the stuff they bought online for their wives actually arrives on time. It is my experience that a so-so trinket which arrives by dinner on the 14th means a great deal more than a Tiffany-vault's worth that gets to your doorstep early on the morning of the 15th. AMHIK.
I bought TFBIM a set (earrings/necklace/bracelet) of ruby hearts--figure 1.125ct each ruby bit--set in 18K yellow gold. We shall see if:
1- The heart shape is TOO Cheez-O-Rama for her (I think it's whimsical, myself)
2- She likes rubies (she hasn't any yet)
3- She likes yellow gold (she hasn't much yellow gold)
4- The damned things arrive in a timely fashion
We shall see how dinner goes; stay tuned.
Anyway, today is the day when many husbands sweat out whether the stuff they bought online for their wives actually arrives on time. It is my experience that a so-so trinket which arrives by dinner on the 14th means a great deal more than a Tiffany-vault's worth that gets to your doorstep early on the morning of the 15th. AMHIK.
I bought TFBIM a set (earrings/necklace/bracelet) of ruby hearts--figure 1.125ct each ruby bit--set in 18K yellow gold. We shall see if:
1- The heart shape is TOO Cheez-O-Rama for her (I think it's whimsical, myself)
2- She likes rubies (she hasn't any yet)
3- She likes yellow gold (she hasn't much yellow gold)
4- The damned things arrive in a timely fashion
We shall see how dinner goes; stay tuned.

Comments
--P.
Instead I got the "oh, HONEY...these are really beautiful. Thank you!!"
I ordered a card from the New Yorker, and that went over like a flatulent outburst at a wedding. can't win 'em all.
--P
p.s. About those non-stop oh wows--do you ever expect her of faking them?
1- TFBIM simply can't be bothered and
2- The stuff that garners the "oh wows" usually gets a LOT of wear-time. For example, the Tiffany Signature bits have seen much, much play.
3- She is a simple girl, and lacks that calculating gene. Ironic in a CPA, yes?
-J.