Still not the FPM (part 3)
As I was saying...
We wrap up our tour of the Andras Kaldor serigraphs, with prints of my favorite--La Scala in Milan--and the Vienna Opera House. I still haven't gotten around to getting the La Scala all matted up and framed, so I have it on this easel thingy. The easel thingy reminds me of similar thingies they had in music stores--back in the days of LPs--where an album cover
would rest, reading NOW PLAYING.Anyway, from the sublime to the ridiculous, I give you SHAG, the nom de palette of one JoSH AGle, who is a bright, rising star in SoCal, especially among the neo-retro-hipster set. He has done a lot of album covers and illustrations for books on bartending and parties and has had major-ish shows in LA and Australia and Japan. Anyway, he was comissioned by Disney to do some illustrations to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of Disneyland's Enchanted Tiki Room, which is where we discovered this veritable treasure trove of neo-retro hipsterish goodness when we visited DL in 2004 with the lovely and gracious Poppy.
This year, because we're super VIPish Annual Passholders, we managed to score some I'm-sure-ultra-Hot-Ticket invites* to a special commmorative thing Disneyland was doing with SHAG, who'd been commissioned to do artwork for Disneyland's 50th Anniversary. We were tempted to pony up the coin for the full-on signed/numbered/supah dupah Limited Edition Artist's Proofs but instead opted for the regular serigraphs, more for space issues than anything else, with the searing need to not stand in line and the apathy at spending 15x the money coming in a close 2nd and 3rd, respectively.Of course, the observant among you will recall that SHAG's the artist whose stationery I chose for the invitations to JokeFest2006. That concludes this past Friday's Photo Meme thing.
-Joke
* I'll scan this if, for some weirdo reason there is any request to do so.

Comments
Reminds me of my Piranesi fetish in college/post-college. Just not as elegant.
Piranesi is more primitive. Like theatrical renderings.
-Joke
this is the first time one of my show and tells took a blogger three entries. I am sure you would win some kind of prize. If I gave them.
I am almost afraid to tell you about this week's show and tell...um, er, you need to show me what you are wearing.
Glad you told me now, so I can get started early, if I decide to move up from part-timer status.
-Joke, something of a slacker