As you can see, Poppy was right.
The trousers? Cuffed and forward pleated. Black tassel loafers, too.
I'll try to find more mini-me pix of me and those whom I've begotten, resplendent in classic gentlemen's finery.
-J.
P.S. Look at the picture on the right. The hand on NOS's shoulder belongs to Sister R., who is telling our young hero to get--and keep--his hand out of his pocket.

Comments
-J.
my children seem to always look like street urchins...well, i suppose the apples do not fall far from the tree.
Mine typically look like homeless waifs, too. It doesn't help that the boy is tall and skinny and nothing fits him.
Numbah One Son is the sort of boy who cannot stand doing something less to a standard lower than "great." Believe it or else, he is rather shy when receiving compliments.
He just likes coming up to us and saying "I look cool" whether it's jeans and t-shirts to go to a BBQ or jacket and tie to go to a wedding.
But he was the only 7-y.o. I have ever know that could tie his own tie.
-J.